PDA

View Full Version : Alternitive jtag solder points on DM500s

durasoft
14th September, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hello All,
I am in need of assistance reagarding alternitive jtag solder points on my DM500s :giveup:
I have over heated 3 points on the board with the soldering iron and cant make a connection for a wire. Ive looked so hard to see where each track leads to but im struggling. Has anyone any idea where these points lead to.
Are any of them used on the com port header on the board.
As youve guessed im not an expert when it comes to micro soldering lol ;)

Any help please would be very greatful.........

Regards Tony

Fergal
14th September, 2008, 06:42 PM
what numbers are the points that are gubbed

durasoft
14th September, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Fergal,
Thanks for quick responce.
The points are 1, 3, and 7 if i can remember.
Im away at the moment so board is not in front of me.
Would it be too much to ask if you know where 1, 3, 7, 9 and 11 would go.

Sorry lol Regards Tony

Fergal
14th September, 2008, 07:12 PM
On the board i had there was tiny holes that went straight through the board between the points and the resistors (see piccie) because the tracks were on the underside of the board so i managed to solder a single strand of wire to each hole(see piccie) it was a right pain to do.
If you take the board out and shine a torch from underneath you can see were some are or were the tracks go.

durasoft
14th September, 2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks for that Fergal, will have to get the microscope out and have a good close up look at the board.
I was wondering if the chip is visible that the boot loader goes in, and that maybe it had terminals for me to solder to.

Thanks Again Tony

durasoft
15th September, 2008, 10:02 AM
Has anyone else got any info as to where i can pickup an alternitive solder points for jtag a DM500s as ive messed 3 up where the points are on the board. I knw :embarassed:

Cheers Tony

jbvid
16th September, 2008, 07:34 PM
Has anyone else got any info as to where i can pickup an alternitive solder points for jtag a DM500s as ive messed 3 up where the points are on the board. I knw :embarassed:

Cheers Tony

Hi
You won't get any better help than Fergal has given you, all you can do is trace your damage backwords underneath the board and try and find a suitable point to solder to.
jbvid

durasoft
17th September, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hi, Thanks for all the help ive manage to do it. Ive now reflashed the box and installed new image on :party :

But one think im having problems with is that im not getting a lock onto 28.2E i know its not the dish coz ive tried another receiver.
Before i flashed it i used the info.bat to make sure it was the Alps tuner and it was, so i then flashed by running 2alps.bat it took 3 trys before it went to 100%. Then i dreamup pli-jade image on without problem.

Any idea's regarding the lock on to satellite is there a simple solution i may need to do ie flash again.

Thanks again Fergal

Cheers T

jbvid
21st September, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hi, Thanks for all the help ive manage to do it. Ive now reflashed the box and installed new image on :party :

But one think im having problems with is that im not getting a lock onto 28.2E i know its not the dish coz ive tried another receiver.
Before i flashed it i used the info.bat to make sure it was the Alps tuner and it was, so i then flashed by running 2alps.bat it took 3 trys before it went to 100%. Then i dreamup pli-jade image on without problem.

Any idea's regarding the lock on to satellite is there a simple solution i may need to do ie flash again.

Thanks again Fergal

Cheers T
Hi
Can't you try loading one of the preset Sat lists to see if it then locks.?
jbvid

nasis
27th September, 2008, 03:09 PM
why can?t i download the attachments?

durasoft
27th September, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Nasis, The attachment is a picture file showing a couple of places were to connect wire's as i had messed a couple of points up due to too hot soldering iron :stupido2: Just click on it and then right click "save picture as"

Hope that helped ya

Tony :hello:

trofasat
5th June, 2011, 04:50 PM
hi
why can?t download the image?

mdt
5th June, 2011, 04:58 PM
hi
why can?t download the image?

you need to make 10 posts i think.. its to stop leeches! regards mdt

trofasat
5th June, 2011, 07:42 PM
thanks very much

trofasat
5th June, 2011, 07:56 PM
can anybody help me download this file.thanks

trofasat
5th June, 2011, 08:01 PM
Attached Thumbnails not appeared

trofasat
5th June, 2011, 08:02 PM
why don?t?

trofasat
5th June, 2011, 08:23 PM
i can?t make a download of a image.can anybody help me

bryansuk
25th August, 2011, 07:31 AM
really need to see this but there is no link to see it .. anyone help plz

bryansuk
25th August, 2011, 07:32 AM
Is this link still acailable please

bryansuk
5th September, 2011, 07:33 AM
if anybody has this can they plz re up it ??