PDA

View Full Version : Golf 5 mileage correction with tacho universal

MrMike
22nd December, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hi Guys,
Tonight i tried to adjust mileage on a golf 5 using my tacho universal, i used the VW CAN connector. in the menu i select Golf 5 and it says "Working Login" and the screen stays the same. has anyone performed mileage correction on a golf 5 and what is the correct procedure.

My tacho universal only came with some really shitty instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

PremierD
22nd December, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hi Guys,
Tonight i tried to adjust mileage on a golf 5 using my tacho universal, i used the VW CAN connector. in the menu i select Golf 5 and it says "Working Login" and the screen stays the same. has anyone performed mileage correction on a golf 5 and what is the correct procedure.

My tacho universal only came with some really shitty instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Year of Golf mate ....:questionmark:..... Never been able to do them with tacho pro.....

MrMike
22nd December, 2009, 02:45 PM
im sure its a 2006 model. im not too impressed with the tool to be honest.....i only bought it to add to my diagnostic tool collection/addiction...lol but i would at least like to get some use out of it. worked 100% on yaris...only car i have tried apart from this golf.

z786
22nd December, 2009, 10:27 PM
mate if i was you id keep to cars that dont require 2 much effort, you cant be impressed with it because its a clone, the original thing weighs like a kilo for starters lol
on most clones the common problem is 912 dongle,nec dongle and can dongle they dnt seem 2 always work, also if you fcuked up a yaris dash the car wud still start, try fcukin a VW dash n see if it starts then??lol

dont get me wrong its a brilliant tool if you jus wana do most eeprom based corrections or k-line ones, jus dnt expect 2 much

MrMike
23rd December, 2009, 12:09 AM
I think thats some good advice mate. i was sweating when i had it plugged in to the VW the potential loss of money far out weighs the potential gain if it works. i'm comfortable now to not try it again.

Mods you can close this thread now

Thanks guys.

Mike

drpeter
23rd December, 2009, 11:31 AM
im sure its a 2006 model. im not too impressed with the tool to be honest.....i only bought it to add to my diagnostic tool collection/addiction...lol but i would at least like to get some use out of it. worked 100% on yaris...only car i have tried apart from this golf.

With tacho universal, if golf 5 before june 2006, then connect tacho universal with CAN dongle and CAN cable, first ignition on, then connect cable! Otherwise the CAN dongle will be damaged (power on), choose VW - autodetect CAN. If ''working'' on display for a long time, then CAN dongle is already DEAD. If okay, you see login VDO version......

I do have 3 pieces Tacho Universal clones, problems where indeed 912 dongle, one 908 cable and some missing wires on M35080/95xxx board, after repair, these are great tools. its worth a few dollars. I did about 500 cars with these clones, also several Yaris (93c56), damaged only one Mercedes Viano cluster because of very short LCD flatcable, so it had nothing to do with tacho universal. :hmmmm2:

If car after june 2006 then its impossible to do this car without other tools because of new VDO protection.

Aniskey
23rd December, 2009, 11:52 AM
in golf 5 2006 there are 2 models of dashborad
there's a VDO DASH with 24c16 or c32 eeprom that cn correct the km of dash with any cable like tacho or chinese vac commander, the second is VISTEON DASH with 95160 eeprom
the second use a diferent cryptoloy for calculate km and cables can't do it

drpeter
23rd December, 2009, 01:00 PM
in golf 5 2006 there are 2 models of dashborad
there's a VDO DASH with 24c16 or c32 eeprom that cn correct the km of dash with any cable like tacho or chinese vac commander, the second is VISTEON DASH with 95160 eeprom
the second use a diferent cryptoloy for calculate km and cables can't do it

Sorry there is no visteon dash with 95160! If yes show me a picture and dump, there are only Golf 5 Visteon clusters with 24C32 memory.
And you can't program a Golf 5 24c32 after june 2006 with any tacho cable because you have to bypass the processor (login changed), there is only one ''cheap'' tool who can do it by OBD2/CAN and thats the tool from smelecom vag dash prog at this moment. And of course the professional tools like enigma ....

Not vag commander, vag+k commander and vagtacho!!!

Please don't give wrong information if you are not sure,

Thanks.

Peter

Aniskey
23rd December, 2009, 01:28 PM
sure i haven't pic but i have dump

aeroyas
23rd December, 2009, 04:36 PM
as you know, from june 2006 you can never change mileage of golf 5 with tacho, you need R250 to change mileage, send us the exact mounth of the car and we will help

drpeter
23rd December, 2009, 09:06 PM

I don't think it's a 95160 but a 24c16 with 266360km.

PremierD
23rd December, 2009, 10:25 PM

I think you may be Tripping mate ..... Ther is NO golf that uses A 95.... anything ....... So you don't have pictures .. Thats because there is'nt any .....BTW ,,how many Golf 5's have you done then .....?:hmmmm2:

PremierD
23rd December, 2009, 10:31 PM
I don't think it's a 95160 but a 24c16 with 266360km.

Or 165,508 miles mate ... I think our poster has never thought about his post ... before posting misleading information ( Drivell ) as we say ....

fes_786
24th December, 2009, 05:51 AM
if its a micronas 3272g micro then u can do it just by editing eeprom with special algo

eladswift
31st December, 2009, 11:38 PM
Pre 56 plate Golf are possible with the clone, via obd providing your CAN dongle works..! if not (there were some sw versions added before it went out of development and no obd sw written)
make sure doors closed, radio off and ign on to warning light position.
If at first attempt it doesn't work, it is always worth either pulling the cluster fuse or the cluster plug to reset the circuit.
if that fails, chip needs to be clipped.
After 56plate, there is a key file stored in the micronas chip that needs to be read for login.

kams20040
9th February, 2010, 12:31 AM
i try to correct mileage on a golf 5 2008 with vag dash prog ,but i can't if anyone know how to correct this dash make me great service .thanks a lot

drpeter
9th February, 2010, 07:19 AM
i try to correct mileage on a golf 5 2008 with vag dash prog ,but i can't if anyone know how to correct this dash make me great service .thanks a lot

Does VAG DASH PROG read the actual mileage? If yes program new value, sometimes tool ask ''turn ignition off'' (after turn off press ok), and ''turn iginiotion on'' (press ok after turn on), then its possible to write new vlaue.

kams20040
9th February, 2010, 12:09 PM
no it write error step .can you help me dr peter

tachonow
9th February, 2010, 12:23 PM
Certainly this is a Visteon dash with 95320 as nobody says since now. Only The Great Enigma and DP3 unit can do this.

drpeter
9th February, 2010, 12:49 PM

I had it once with a Caddy 2008 this helped; disconnect 5 minutes/reconnect battery and try again. If not cluster is not supported.

pana
26th February, 2010, 07:30 PM
Hi everybody. I have the same problem I think on a Golf 5 Visteon. I've tried to do a mileage correction with tacho universal, and now is "error" written on the dash. When I disconnect the battery, the new value appears, once i turn ignition on error comes back. Does anyone had a problem like this? What can I do? Thanks!

owen82
26th February, 2010, 07:37 PM
Hmmm, might have to give it a go =)

jasonk
26th April, 2010, 11:22 AM
Hi fellas a friend just asked me to do his golf mk5 2007 tdi for him he needs the miles corrected will vagk+can1.4 do this or will i just send him else where thanks

PremierD
26th April, 2010, 11:38 AM
Hi fellas a friend just asked me to do his golf mk5 2007 tdi for him he needs the miles corrected will vagk+can1.4 do this or will i just send him else where thanks

You cannot do it with that kit mate send him somwhere else ....

jasonk
26th April, 2010, 12:06 PM
thats sound thanks i have a digi master 2 aswell but i hate goin near vw anything at all and no start