PDA

View Full Version : PSN hacked notice: There has been unauthorized access to user accounts of PS Store

M3RMy
26th March, 2008, 05:38 PM
Official European Playstation sites have posted a notice to users that there has been a possibility of unauthorized access to personal information on the PLAYSTATION Store through PCs. They are asking users to verify there account is intact by signing in to the PSN (if your pre-set password works you are unaffected).

Notice to PLAYSTATION?Network Users

We have found out that there has been a possibility of unauthorized access to personal information on the PLAYSTATION?Store through PCs, a content download service of the PLAYSTATION?Network. Although unlikely, it is possible that the passwords of a small percentage of PLAYSTATION?Network users may have been changed through unauthorized access, making it possible to view users? personal information and/or use the Wallet for the PLAYSTATION?Store. PLAYSTATION Network accounts do not display entire credit card numbers, so any unauthorized access to your PLAYSTATION Network account is very unlikely to compromise your credit card number.

We have taken immediate measures to rectify this issue and system security is restored.

We have investigated the extent of unauthorized access and possible alteration of passwords that could have occurred before corrective measures were taken, and are directly contacting customers who may have been affected by this incident. In order to verify that your account is intact, we strongly suggest that PLAYSTATION?Network users sign in to the service. If you can successfully sign in with your pre-set password, your account is not affected by this incident.

For more information, please contact Customer Service.

Remember; do not disclose your log-in or password details on any email communications.

News Source: uk.playstation.com

davidharvey75
26th March, 2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up

thommo
26th March, 2008, 08:29 PM
tis true i received the email today too, ive not signed in yet to check my account.:thumpdown:

sorceror
27th March, 2008, 12:50 AM
got no email about this and was able to get into Store as usual, but should we be concerned about this? I've been on Xbox Live since launch and never heard of any breach of the service. I may be wrong tho.

thommo
27th March, 2008, 12:52 AM
well from the email i think i read that if you can sign in as usual then your ok.

i think it more for the people like me who registered there cards on the network to download stuff. there a tel number at the bottom of the email which i will find and add here, only to be rung if you find any discrepancies with your account'

1) If you are able to Sign In normally then you are not affected and need take no further action; or

2) If you cannot Sign In, or if you have forgotten your preset password please follow the instructions to reset your password (by clicking the [Forgotten Password] link on the PLAYSTATION Network Sign In screen at https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm) and check that no suspicious account activity has occurred.

If you do notice any irregularities with your account please call your local Customer Services on 01923 653504 or alternatively e-mail us at help@uk.playstation.com.

PLEASE NOTE:

SCEE will never contact you directly to ask for any personal details or passwords.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.