PDA

View Full Version : DM500s problem

bluearmy
15th September, 2008, 09:37 AM
Ok, when my DM500s is restarted it goes into file mode and then displays XXXExtreme channel on 19.2e. I have tried to set a sky movies channel to the start up channel but it just doesnt seem to work. Every time it pops up with XXXExtreme and when I press the ok button to display the channels it is in file mode. So each time I restart box I have to scramble about to get it into TV mode from file mode and change channel before one of the kids sees it.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I have read the manual and its a little sketcy to say the least.

thanks in advance for any help

Curious123
15th September, 2008, 01:04 PM
Bring up your boquets and than highlight a channel you would like to start with and than press Menu > Select startup service from the list of choices.

bluearmy
15th September, 2008, 01:17 PM
I did this before, didnt change.

It still starts in file mode. As soon as I go into menu and change to TV mode it then changes to the channel I set as startup

Curious123
15th September, 2008, 02:05 PM
I think in the choices list there is an option to reset the service startup, you could try that and than select something like BBC1 and also worth doing an Enigma restart straight after the change.

bluearmy
15th September, 2008, 02:20 PM
perfect, that seems to have done the trick. Now I need to set parental locks. I assume I have to restart enigma again for the changes to the locks to save?

Curious123
15th September, 2008, 04:10 PM
Glad you got it sorted, restarting the Enigma is a little bit like rebooting for Windows everytime you make a change and saving the change.

bluearmy
15th September, 2008, 04:14 PM
ok, thanks for your help