PDA

View Full Version : Modding file on 535D

teamea
19th June, 2019, 10:40 AM
Hi

I've downloaded the file from my ECU, it is not recognized in Titanium so I suspect there is some sort of "lock" on it. I have 2 other BMWS and I can take the files of these without any problems and they're recognized in Titanium so I know the procedure. I want to have a look what is done mapwise but no possible. Its there a fix for this?

Rgds

teamea
19th June, 2019, 10:45 AM
attaching file

yokazik
19th June, 2019, 02:26 PM
Your file is 100% original i don't see any problem with it.

teamea
19th June, 2019, 02:54 PM
You're right , it just doesnt come up in Titanium as a item i can select (191 is coming up, mine is a 198), I selected that, modified the file, and uploaded it into my ECU, all works fine!

I was just wondering, how much fuel is it normal to add on the acceleration map? I've tried 20% which makes quite a difference, wondered what would be a "safe limit"

morgano
19th June, 2019, 04:20 PM
You're right , it just doesnt come up in Titanium as a item i can select (191 is coming up, mine is a 198), I selected that, modified the file, and uploaded it into my ECU, all works fine!

I was just wondering, how much fuel is it normal to add on the acceleration map? I've tried 20% which makes quite a difference, wondered what would be a "safe limit"

I suggest you change your approach to tuning not to be “i’m gonna put 20% more in a map i don’t know what it does or how and i ‘feel’ the car goes better”.

Also change your tuning relying on cracked titanium or the next thing that will be cracked will be your ginea pig engine.

teamea
19th June, 2019, 05:37 PM
good point. I do however know what it does and I do understand how engines work, I was searching for some more information, information which is not shared by the professionals.

morgano
19th June, 2019, 05:57 PM
What i meant is cracked titanium names the maps in strange way if you trust the name you don’t really know what map are you changing.

teamea
19th June, 2019, 06:36 PM
I see what you mean, no problem