PDA

View Full Version : Uni t UTD1025CL

johnnyh33
20th June, 2019, 12:36 PM
hi all,

got a mini 1.4d that wont start nor does it have any normal fault codes showing, nor does it have fuel pressure or cam/crank sensor data available. i think the ecu edc15c4 v.1 is maybe not able to give that data.

anyway, what i want to do is read the sensor data some other way and an oscilloscope has been on my shopping list for a while. i saw this one mentioned in the title for about 200 quid. has anyone any experience with one of this model? it's only 1 channel, are there many reasons why 2 channel would be necessary for car diag?

any info would be great,

thanks,

autoden
20th June, 2019, 06:48 PM
If you get a single channel scope you will regret it later,i did. You need two channel to read cam/crank correlation. But a two channel and a four channel are about same price. I recomend pico, but Hanatec is cheaper and very good.

johnnyh33
20th June, 2019, 10:46 PM
i know of Pico but i can't pay that sort of money at the moment. What have you got now ? and what would you buy with 200 quid?

clusters
20th June, 2019, 10:51 PM
I bought a Uscope basic kit from AES Wave, handiest thing I ever bought.

Starts fast, fits in your pocket, and great for fast single channel diagnostics.

johnnyh33
21st June, 2019, 07:08 PM
i like the uni-t multimeter i've got. the leads were absolute crap, changed them for some fluke leads straight away but the meter is really not bad.

maybe 2 channel for the cam/crank sync. i will have a look at the other makes first as a 2 channel uni-t is around 350 quid.