PDA

View Full Version : Sony CD 6 Disc

mentorman
22nd December, 2009, 07:21 PM
Hello everyone , i have just bought a 2003 Mondeo GHIA X 2.5 V6 Petrol car as Salvage . It has the 6 DISC SONY CD player in the centre Dash . When i turn it on , it comes up with the Vin number of a vehicle but it does not match my vehicle ! I asked the guy if he had the code for to operate the unit but he did not have any books or paperwork to do with the car . I have a Ford Code maker for the M series of Units and know how to calculate the codes on them but i have never done any of the SONY CD units . Can anyone tell me how to pull these out of the centre console without scratching the unit or snapping the plastic tabs etc and how to put the correct vin number in the unit to make it work in my car . Is there a code making program for these units too . Thanks in advance for any help and advice ! mentorman :help:

mentorman
24th January, 2010, 05:21 PM
Hello everyone , just a follow up on my SONY CD 6 Disc changer on my Ford Mondeo GHIA X ! I bought the four removal keys off Flea Bay and managed to take the unit out without any problems ! I then took it to Ford Jennings to have it Re Coded and it only cost ?5 . This was because i took out the unit myself and took it to the showroom ! They charge ?15 + Vat to take the unit out themselves . You have to take your paperwork with you such as Log book and MOT etc to proove you own the vehicle . They do it there and then on the computer in seconds so no waiting around or calling back nonsense ! mentorman :ridinghorse:

Meat-Head
24th January, 2010, 05:36 PM
so which number did they take.

Thanks for the update dude.

mentorman
24th January, 2010, 05:59 PM
Hi meat head , i didnt see what he was doing on the computer as he had the screen turned to the side !!

estate
24th January, 2010, 06:06 PM
database then?

PremierD
24th January, 2010, 06:08 PM
Hi meat head , i didnt see what he was doing on the computer as he had the screen turned to the side !!

It would be the M... serial mate .... The ford SONY sets have it ....After you enter the code .. and get it working .. press the menu button .. till you come to VID ... then you enter the code again ... which allows you to change the number ... To ... PUT IT BACK THIEF .... or whatever takes your fancy ......

mentorman
Most likely mate !:musicus:

estate
waits for yahooyahoo to show screen shot of RCD.........

Meat-Head
24th January, 2010, 06:10 PM
To ... PUT IT BACK THIEF .

Nah
'radio codes can be obtained from Digital-Kaos.co.uk - user yahooyahoo'

estate
24th January, 2010, 06:11 PM
i suppose M series code makes sense as most ford derived things were using this system around then (Ford, Jag, Landrover), and i expect it would of a request of ford that it uses M******

PremierD
24th January, 2010, 06:17 PM
i suppose M series code makes sense as most ford derived things were using this system around then (Ford, Jag, Landrover), and i expect it would of a request of ford that it uses M******

Thats coz it is the M series mate .... Fiat as well.... Visteon are fitted to a lot of vehicles ....:thrasher: