PDA

View Full Version : Reading ebooks on DS

Morgan2002
22nd December, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hi there
I feel a bit out of my depth here so hope someone can help me. I'm totally new to all this. I was given a Nintendo DS with Braintraining last Christmas and have hardly used it. I recently learned that I could use it as an ereader. I've bought an R4 SDHC card - it's made of red plastic and says it's a Chrismas Version (yes, that's how it is spelt) which worried me a little but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I've put dslibris and a couple of ebooks onto the SD card and tried it in the DS but it just sayd 'Loading'. Did I have to do anything else to the card? Sorry, this is probably a daft question but I really wasn't using it for anything else so might as well use it for reading books. Any advice greatly received. Thanks

Anne46
28th December, 2009, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I'm no great shakes at all this myself but as nobody else has replied and I did manage to sort out the same R4 card as you CHRISMAS one I thought I'd try. I've only downloaded games but I assume you'd need the same files and to format the SD card in the same way for ebooks. If you go to R4,R4i-R4isdhc the beta r4 card (http://www.r4isdhc.com/) near the top of the page you'll see R4-Download, click on that then you need to download the R4SDHC Download - R4 English V1.14B - click on the USA download address. You can then drag and drop them onto the micro SD card. However before you do that, you need to format the SD card by clicking 'start' on your PC then 'My Computer', (sorry if that's too basic but just to be sure :D) there you shoud see removable file E. If you right click on that, click on the 'format' option then tick the 'Quick Format' box set the 'File System' to 'FAT' then start. Hope this helps. As I say I've only done it for games.
Anne x

Morgan2002
30th December, 2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks Anne. Had sorted that part out, but appreciate you replying to my cry for help :) Still not got it working for ebooks though. Books I've bought are .epub and need to be .txt - I've tried converting them but they're DRM protected and I've not found a way round that yet. Have spent hours on it - giving it a rest this week as it was doing my head in :confused: Might try using it for games in the meantime - any suggestions?

Thanks again :-)

daithi
31st December, 2009, 01:35 AM
nice to see ye helping each other out if ya wanna download more games try here

NINITENDO NDS GAME ROM - http://nds.hkorz.com (http://nds.hkorz.com/index.php)

make a folder on desktop call it ds games save games ya download here

also google winrar and install it this help ya open the file when downloaded

1 open above website select rom list
2 type name of game in search engine
3 select game for you region ie eur for europe
4 select link note sometimes links wont work ie bandago sometimes
5 select request download link then download
6 a page will open will say open or save click open
7 when game is finished downloading winrar will open up
8 select extract to in winrar
9 scroll down find folder you made called ds games and extract to there
10 then just copy the game over to your card and away ya go