PDA

View Full Version : help to read and program 24c16 eeprom

gaznasty
22nd December, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hello to everyone, I have found this website to be very informative with regards to most things car and chip related but now I need to get some further "help" on a car project and just need pointing in the right direction.

I have carefully removed the 24c16 eeprom chip from a VDO radio in an attempt to read the eeprom however the programmer I have refuses to either read or acknowledge that its there.

Can anyone advise me if an ST24c16 chip is also compatable with a Microchip 24LC16b and does the eeprom need a special programmer rather than the jayXXX kit KC5367 purchased from Austrailia? I have tried using an alternative adapter to plug into the eeprom/pic programmer but it wont read the 24c16 from the radio. the programmer presumably works as it still programs pic 16f84a chips.

thank you in advance, i'm not wanting anyone to do this for me, just point out perhaps where i'm going wrong!

PremierD
22nd December, 2009, 11:34 PM
Hello to everyone, I have found this website to be very informative with regards to most things car and chip related but now I need to get some further "help" on a car project and just need pointing in the right direction.

I have carefully removed the 24c16 eeprom chip from a VDO radio in an attempt to read the eeprom however the programmer I have refuses to either read or acknowledge that its there.

Can anyone advise me if an ST24c16 chip is also compatable with a Microchip 24LC16b and does the eeprom need a special programmer rather than the jayXXX kit KC5367 purchased from Austrailia? I have tried using an alternative adapter to plug into the eeprom/pic programmer but it wont read the 24c16 from the radio. the programmer presumably works as it still programs pic 16f84a chips.

thank you in advance, i'm not wanting anyone to do this for me, just point out perhaps where i'm going wrong!

Check your programmer Chips cover list mate .... Does it cover 24c16 eeprom ....? Googled it ..and came back with your post here .......