PDA

View Full Version : Astra G 2002 - no comms to Cent locking, cant program new remote

sdnatlst
26th June, 2019, 08:19 PM
hi all, had AKL on 2002 astra G today,

customer remote broke in half and he lost transponder and blade.
his remote still works

I coded a new transponder and blade, made key with keydiy ready for new remote, but OPCOM times out trying to connect to Central Locking module

also i tried FVDI and it also times out trying to connect to central locking module, in the list

I never see these old astras much, so was wondering if its common, any fixes for future?

customer didnt mind, he had old working remote,, but in future the customer may not have

p1et
26th June, 2019, 08:24 PM
You have SBB? It works good with remotes for old Opel

sdnatlst
26th June, 2019, 08:37 PM
Yes I do! But didn't even think to try that

I have done remote on these with opcom before

fred77
26th June, 2019, 08:48 PM
Check battery voltage

I've had no comms before

sdnatlst
26th June, 2019, 08:55 PM
I had comms to all other. Engine ecu. Instrument etc.
Just not central locking.

But customer original remote still functioned.

Strange I guess it was a weird one we will never know

p1et
27th June, 2019, 01:31 PM

Speaking of Astra remotes, are those remotes the same?

comizelu
27th June, 2019, 01:44 PM
Was the car with or without alarm?

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

comizelu
27th June, 2019, 01:48 PM

Speaking of Astra remotes, are those remotes the same?As far as I know..
If the remote pcb has different colour are different and will not be accepted by the car.

sdnatlst
27th June, 2019, 02:01 PM
Was the car with or without alarm?

unsure, i generated non alarm key,, i had stock of alarm key too on board van, so had both covered.

do you think it could be why i cant connect to central locking?, car was unlocked with orignal customer remote, so i didnt hear any alarm of course

comizelu
27th June, 2019, 02:09 PM
unsure, i generated non alarm key,, i had stock of alarm key too on board van, so had both covered.

do you think it could be why i cant connect to central locking?, car was unlocked with orignal customer remote, so i didnt hear any alarm of courseIf I remember well the channel where you program the remotes is different.
Ex. With alarm I think you have to go in anti theft and if without alarm is in central locking.if with alarm it will ask you pin code as well..

jodge
27th June, 2019, 03:23 PM
1: if the alarm is factory fitted then you will see the ultrasonic sensors on the side of the mirror/light hub
2: this is a common astra problem, the central locking module is getting wet. Normally you will find behind the kick panel. Check is water damaged both the unit and the cable (connector too)
3: if everything ok but still unable to learn check the serial eeprom, sometimes it's courrupted and flip to read only state

sdnatlst
27th June, 2019, 04:27 PM
Yes, think was my error, it was convertible astra and maybe it had alarm, i didnt try anti theft signal ECU in opcom, maybe it was under there :(

p1et
28th June, 2019, 09:02 AM
As far as I know..
If the remote pcb has different colour are different and will not be accepted by the car.

Tested today and they are the same (without alarm). But can someone tell me how to differ looking and PCB of remotes with and without factory alarm? I have plenty of used ones but all seems to look the sam, except those 2 above which I had (only different letters and PCB colour but work the same)

kemaster
29th June, 2019, 11:15 AM
Tested today and they are the same (without alarm). But can someone tell me how to differ looking and PCB of remotes with and without factory alarm? I have plenty of used ones but all seems to look the sam, except those 2 above which I had (only different letters and PCB colour but work the same)

Astra/Zafira with ATWS Megamos S-AM

ILIE71
23rd July, 2019, 08:55 PM
check programming to antitheft