PDA

View Full Version : DON'T PANIC

dank76
23rd December, 2009, 10:44 AM
there will be a way round n3 by a server the boxes will need a internet connection or a dongle which fits in the rs232

DONT PANIC !!!

:party::party:

PAUL7331
23rd December, 2009, 12:07 PM
Is this a definate?

bigoz
23rd December, 2009, 12:44 PM
there will be a way round n3 by a server the boxes will need a internet connection or a dongle which fits in the rs232

DONT PANIC !!!

My concern with that system is that your connected via the web - then you could get busted if the cable companies track down the server!

dank76
23rd December, 2009, 02:48 PM
My concern with that system is that your connected via the web - then you could get busted if the cable companies track down the server!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha it will not !!!

HoTTDubbER
23rd December, 2009, 03:50 PM
yeah mate no need worrying about that ,, the only time u need worry is if you were charging for access to your server then its a big no no , different ball game then

MICKAH
23rd December, 2009, 03:58 PM
does that method apply to irish users?

dank76
23rd December, 2009, 03:59 PM
dunno about ireland will find out ?

MICKAH
23rd December, 2009, 04:07 PM
i know its been worked on in the UK, wasnt sure that Irish users could avail as I hadnt heard anything about the share going on over here,

Roll on the lan box so..............

gadgetfiend
23rd December, 2009, 04:26 PM
And prey tell who's going to write all the firmware to use on the current closed source boxes to allow them to use a rs232 to ethernet dongle ?, I'll tell you who nobody!!!. They all will be bringing out new boxes with lan ports on them so will not jeopardize the sale of them.

HoTTDubbER
23rd December, 2009, 04:36 PM
i know its been worked on in the UK, wasnt sure that Irish users could avail as I hadnt heard anything about the share going on over here,

Roll on the lan box so..............

Germans been using this method since there cable security was upgraded also

infarct you could have been using this mehord all along instead of keys , most boxes equipped with Ethernet are ready do go such as DM500c

the problem is every1 wants free cable but the bottom line is the subscription has to come from somewhere and some1s paying 4 it somewhere down the line

cable cs is 80% pointless , you might aswell have a sat dish if ur gonna do this ,
the 20% use is if you pay for movies and a friend pays for sports and you share then ur subscription cost less and both get all

in my eyes it just opens gaps in the market 4 pay servers , which in the same way mass marketing illegal cable boxs has destroyed the scene this is exactly what pay servers will do ...and allready are doing so , and spoiling it 4 the rest of us honest users:bandit:

ManofScience
23rd December, 2009, 04:50 PM
spoiling it 4 the rest of us honest users:bandit:

awesome post

thered
23rd December, 2009, 05:00 PM

i agree m8 despite what other people are saying i know for a fact they can see my dm connected cos they told me when i had connection problems only last week they also sent someone round to look at it the setup i have ia dm7025 sat and cable tuners i knew they were coming and took out the cable tuner and just left the sat one, the point is this they aint going to give a monkeys about me getting satellite of mr murdoch but i think they may start to care a bit more when its there own product and they can see what is connected in your network, so if they can see yours there is a good chance thay can see who you are sharing with too it will be like web of cableboxes with trails from one too another

when it happens i will take the cable tuner out and go with 2 sat tuners i dont like the fact that virgin can see my dm connected to the net and i expect a few people may end up doing a bit of bird next year running payservers

HoTTDubbER
23rd December, 2009, 05:17 PM
i know for a fact they can see my dm connected cos they told me when i had connection problems only last week

thanks 4 sharing that ,thats interesting what did they say?
and how did they bring it up , did they have attitude over this?

dank76
23rd December, 2009, 05:34 PM
dont know about ireland but all u.k will have a server unless there is a irish server

smirnoff_rules
23rd December, 2009, 05:38 PM

they cant say alot there not illegal after all , u can use for steaming films , but if theres a way to chance the device name that would be better

gadgetfiend
23rd December, 2009, 05:53 PM
i renamed mine and it displays as voip adapter in my router.

smirnoff_rules
23rd December, 2009, 05:59 PM
can u run though it for the members on how u changed it m8

dank76
23rd December, 2009, 06:01 PM
they cant say alot there not illegal after all , u can use for steaming films , but if theres a way to chance the device name that would be better

well said smirnoff :congrats:

gadgetfiend
23rd December, 2009, 06:05 PM
All routers will be slightly different but on mine in applications and gaming you name the application yourself in my case i called it voip adapter rather than dreambox.

smirnoff_rules
23rd December, 2009, 06:15 PM
All routers will be slightly different but on mine in applications and gaming you name the application yourself in my case i called it voip adapter rather than dreambox.

o . no settings in sitcom for that .. l wonder if theres away on the dream its self

gadgetfiend
23rd December, 2009, 06:45 PM
Most routers ive seen will have an option somewhere, usually you'll find it while setting up port forwarding. The db's themselves dont have a device name that is displayed in the router its usually only the mac or ip that it will find.

smirnoff_rules
23rd December, 2009, 06:52 PM
my 600 has a device name and its nowhere in there router ? . will have to start another thread later ..

thered
23rd December, 2009, 10:27 PM

not a lot m8 they just asked what it was and what it was doing i was honest and i told em it was for satellite which it is really then they said they would send an engineer to have a look and to sort my problems out the next day

and as stated it is not illegal having a box connected to the net but it is illegal to share cards

so hypotheticaly if i was sharing a cable card with you for instace and you are on virgin broadband i would imagine that if they can see my box they would be able to see your box too and if they can see that boxes are connected up im pretty sure they will have an idea on whats happening,not sure what would happen after that i think they would probably just concentrate on busting the servers tbh and turn a blind eye to the people who subb the service

johnboy1974
24th December, 2009, 10:41 AM
this sounds really dodgy with a good chance of getting caught if they trace back the isp. i think we all have to face it, the parties over as soon as nag 3 comes nationwide unless of course they find a hack and can modify the firmware.

gadgetfiend
24th December, 2009, 12:35 PM
@thered you say they asked what it was, this implies they didnt know and it was you who honestly told them, can you clarify this as i cannot see how they could see anything other than a device mac addy on the 7025 anyway.