PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Focus FAP issue, please help!

Backworth MOT
27th June, 2019, 10:15 PM
Good evening everyone, here is my first post on here and its a cry for help!

Basically I bought in a 57 Plate Focus 1.6Tdci super cheap with a couple of niggles, all now resolved bar this one....

I am pretty sure the issue lies with the fap system.
This is what I have: start the car from cold drives great until I hit 40kmh or if the car has been running for 4 minutes under this speed, then the engine system fault warning and red light comes on. Car goes into limp mode. No ECU fault codes. I had one for a heater plug issue which I mapped out first (maybe I shouldn't have but that can be reversed if need be). I have added 1 ltr of PATS fluid to the tank and reset with Autel. DPF has already been gutted.
What I sort of need to know is if a DPF removal file also removes the reference for want of a better term to the additive system? i have read through loads of posts but found nothing exact. Read a few posts on a couple of lines of codes that need to be changed in winols but not too much more.
I apologise if someone has posted an answer to this exact issue before in which case a link to it would be great ;-)

HARDWARE VERS: BOSCH EDC16C34/2.20
S/W 1037390500

Many thanks
John

mexanico1971
28th June, 2019, 09:58 AM
Get a ori file, and work on it from beginning

morgano
28th June, 2019, 11:01 AM
Good evening everyone, here is my first post on here and its a cry for help!

Basically I bought in a 57 Plate Focus 1.6Tdci super cheap with a couple of niggles, all now resolved bar this one....

I am pretty sure the issue lies with the fap system.
This is what I have: start the car from cold drives great until I hit 40kmh or if the car has been running for 4 minutes under this speed, then the engine system fault warning and red light comes on. Car goes into limp mode. No ECU fault codes. I had one for a heater plug issue which I mapped out first (maybe I shouldn't have but that can be reversed if need be). I have added 1 ltr of PATS fluid to the tank and reset with Autel. DPF has already been gutted.
What I sort of need to know is if a DPF removal file also removes the reference for want of a better term to the additive system? i have read through loads of posts but found nothing exact. Read a few posts on a couple of lines of codes that need to be changed in winols but not too much more.
I apologise if someone has posted an answer to this exact issue before in which case a link to it would be great ;-)

HARDWARE VERS: BOSCH EDC16C34/2.20
S/W 1037390500

Many thanks
John

Give this one a try and see if car goes better, you need disconnect FACM (fuel additive control module) that is located under the back passenger sit, right side. It is hidden there.

At least it should give any DTC if something goes wrong with other things.

Backworth MOT
28th June, 2019, 08:08 PM
Thank you , I appreciate it. i'll give it a go tomorrow morning. Do the hardware and software numbers have to match?

morgano
28th June, 2019, 09:01 PM
They in fact do.