PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Ford Focus '00

MSolen
23rd December, 2009, 06:16 PM
I greet all. I have problem with system airbag in Focus with year 2000. I would like to replace the tensor of belt, all the time of flash to me error 33. I Need replace tensor in order to to confirm damage. Resistor 2,8 R does not give advice.

cristec
23rd December, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hi often the problem is the plug and sockets under the seat.
Try using contact cleaner on the connections, give them a spray then disconnect and connect a few times, before you start replacing pre-tensioners.

HTH

MSolen
23rd December, 2009, 09:31 PM
I cleaned so already all and I checked, I do not know or then driver or tensor. If I will replace him this I will be dust certainty. How do to replace the tensor of belt ?? what resistance ?? and condenser can yet ??

MSolen
25th December, 2009, 12:44 AM
it can misters however someone has on then patent

Jose19
25th December, 2009, 03:03 AM
it can misters however someone has on then patent
Hi

As i know,for that type of pretensores no solution, you need to replace for a new one.

Jose

raddi
2nd January, 2010, 05:13 AM
Before u change anything, swap left and right belts and read the codes....then decide what to do. also, make sure that the clip holding the plug into the belt is not broken. it has to be fully plugged in.....half way doesnt cut it. i had similar problem with Toyota, and my problem was a broken clip.
Hope this helps:hello:

melcool
3rd January, 2010, 12:05 AM
I greet all. I have problem with system airbag in Focus with year 2000. I would like to replace the tensor of belt, all the time of flash to me error 33. I Need replace tensor in order to to confirm damage. Resistor 2,8 R does not give advice.

for airbag 2.2 Ω resistor and 0.47 ?f capacitor(not electrolitic) ......bound in series
but for tensioner never tested!

Meat-Head
3rd January, 2010, 12:12 AM
for airbag 2.2 Ω resistor and 0.47 ?f capacitor ...bound in series

Just for reference about 8 years ago at M-H-M we had a Furry Jester in
and the short story was the owners dawg chewed the steering wheel (and the rest of car), new steering wheel new clock spring (from Meat-Head Ford) and the hair-bag lite stayed on, in the end we got the bodyshop
to fish out the skip the old clock-spring, identical in everywhich way execpt new one not got coffee and bannana stains on it.

plugged old one in, high-ho silver away, light out, skanked new clock-sping, put on ebay, every body happy.

melcool
4th January, 2010, 11:51 PM
for airbag 2.2 Ω resistor and 0.47 ?f capacitor ......bound in series

I think that for tensioner only 2.2 Ω resistor !!!

Jose19
5th January, 2010, 01:38 AM
On that car model don?t work.

melcool
5th January, 2010, 01:47 AM
On that car model don?t work.
But why Jose19 ???

codec
5th January, 2010, 05:11 PM
work 2R2 + 470nF for all - airbags and pretensioners

melcool
6th January, 2010, 09:36 AM
work 2R2 + 470nF for all - airbags and pretensioners

Today tested for both seat airbag and tensioner ...so in conclusion :)
for airbag or/and tensioner 2.2 Ω resistor and 0.47 ?f(microfarad) = 470nF(nanofarad) capacitor ......bound in series(very important) !!!

Jose19
6th January, 2010, 01:47 PM
Today tested for both seat airbag and tensioner ...so in conclusion :)
for airbag or/and tensioner 2.2 Ω resistor and 0.47 ?f(microfarad) = 470nF(nanofarad) capacitor ......bound in series(very important) !!!
Good job:top:
Thanks for share with us.

Jose

melcool
6th January, 2010, 10:14 PM
Good job:top:
Thanks for share with us.

Jose
gladly FRIEND!
I forgot to say that the light goes OFF without diag