PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic 2004 remote control battery goes dead in 24 hours any advice.

super jumbe
4th July, 2019, 10:05 AM
Lads I have an old Honda Civic 2004 the remote control battery goes dead in 24 hours any one got an idea, I dont want to programme new remote unless the original cause has been establish.:mad-new::mad-new::mad-new:

fred77
4th July, 2019, 10:56 AM
Lifes too short - gets to a stage where costs more to investigate cause, than to just replace esp if Keydiy

lion0304
4th July, 2019, 11:14 AM
Check the pcb if there are trace of water dammage, clean the board with acetone, change the switch.

After that, your problem can be solve.

p1et
4th July, 2019, 11:40 AM
You don't want or customer don't want new remote? ;) I guess the 2nd option. If there are no any sign of short circuits and if IC elements have good connection to the board then just let it go, sometimes it happens and need replacement.

super jumbe
4th July, 2019, 03:54 PM
Good point lads any chance for key diy remote, car belongs to my ex just trying to save my own money....http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/hmmmm.gif

droidwayne65
4th July, 2019, 04:19 PM
Good point lads any chance for key diy remote, car belongs to my ex just trying to save my own money....http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/hmmmm.gif
LOL! They don't stop costing money when they become "ex" :biggrin:. Remote works normally otherwise? Check whether it's constantly transmitting an unmodulated signal? Any sign of water damage? The fix may be more than it's worth and it may save you some hairs to just replace it. :D

rojhat
4th July, 2019, 05:54 PM
hi here you buy ? have same problèm with cas3 key

Envoyé de mon SM-A605FN en utilisant Tapatalk

P&D
4th July, 2019, 09:15 PM
common fault on a few types of remote with 7941 or 7961 main chip shorting out
there is no fix.......come across many in the past 7 years,most common are the Cit/Peug flip keys

super jumbe
5th July, 2019, 12:08 AM
Ordered one for 20 another pocket money in sink.