PDA

View Full Version : Killzone2 wins Best Shooter, again.....

Raven
24th December, 2009, 12:37 AM
It seems we have another GOTY award for Killzone2 in direct competition with Modern Warfare2 because Gamespot as well as IGN gave their respective Best Shooter awards, somewhat surprisingly, to Killzone2 instead of Modern Warfare 2 - another trend I'm noticing is that Modern Warfare2 isn't getting GOTY awards on it's own platform the 360 and so far not for PS3 either, and Killzone2 is ousting it for Best Shooter on PS3 especially so basically it shouldn't have a hope in hell of Overall GOTY logically, though no doubt as one of the year's most anticipated and best selling games it'll get nominated.

Another surprising turn of events was Ratchet&Clank Crack In Time winning the Best Platform Game award, I thought for sure that New Super Mario Bros Wii would stroll home with that award all day long, but obviously that wasn't the case. I was highly surprised. Great year for PS3 exclusives it has to be said, they're all winning awards! lol

Of course Uncharted 2 won Gamespot's Best Action Game award (chalk up another one! ;)) and unsurprisingly Forza 3 won Best Racing Game. Watch out for Best PS3 Game, Best 360 Game and Best Wii Game awards at some point on Christmas Eve.

And Overall GOTY Award some time Christmas Day, though I'll be covering that at this time of night and posting the results here if it's gone up by then. If not it will be Boxing Day. Uncharted 2 Overall GOTY for me. That's my prediction too.

thistler
27th December, 2009, 02:00 PM
Makes me want to give it a try. I bought the KZ2 bundle, but haven't gotten around to playing it passed the first 10 minutes. Too many other games turned my head lately.

Raven
27th December, 2009, 03:26 PM
That's usually the way it goes, class game though I have to say especially for an FPS.

calvin plummer
5th January, 2010, 02:30 PM
Sigh - personally I'd not have handed out an award this year, Fallout 3 can retain its crown from the previous year

Raven
5th January, 2010, 03:07 PM
Sigh - personally I'd not have handed out an award this year, Fallout 3 can retain its crown from the previous year

Fallout3 ?! Are you having a laugh! It's not even an FPS or even a shooter really it's much more an open world RPG like Oblivion. Fallout3 has got to rank up there as one of the most boring and depressing games I've ever played, Oblivion was miles better.

calvin plummer
5th January, 2010, 03:30 PM
Fallout3 ?! Are you having a laugh! It's not even an FPS or even a shooter really it's much more an open world RPG like Oblivion. Fallout3 has got to rank up there as one of the most boring and depressing games I've ever played, Oblivion was miles better.

Well you can play it first person and you shoot things.......depressing yes but thats because it was a fully realised world and not a very nice one. Real emotional impact. Oblivion I do dig but could it be any easier? It even tells you where to go as you set out on yet another fetch quest

Raven
5th January, 2010, 06:32 PM
Well you can play it first person and you shoot things.......depressing yes but thats because it was a fully realised world and not a very nice one. Real emotional impact. Oblivion I do dig but could it be any easier? It even tells you where to go as you set out on yet another fetch quest

Still not an FPS though is it let's be honest - a dog can be born in a stable but does that mean it's a horse ? No.....

Regarding Oblivion, are you not supposed to know the name of your destination so you know where you're supposed to be heading ?

And Fallout 3 is still shite it's basically a poor man's Oblivion but without everything what kept you playing Oblivion. Real emotion in video games ? You'll want to play The Last Guardian when it's out.....

calvin plummer
5th January, 2010, 09:37 PM
Its the direction finder that bugs me. Exploration should be part of an rpg. I want to discover it not be told exactly where it is. And is it even possible to die in oblivion? At least fallout carried genuine menace. Have you noticed the only games we really agree on are nintendo lol

Raven
6th January, 2010, 01:39 AM
Its the direction finder that bugs me. Exploration should be part of an rpg. I want to discover it not be told exactly where it is. And is it even possible to die in oblivion? At least fallout carried genuine menace. Have you noticed the only games we really agree on are nintendo lol

Yeah you can die in Oblivion I have many a time, also I'm partial to the wayfinder and the fast travel, since both don't have to be used but they are there if you just want to play the game for the fun and not spend 2 hours toiling over the landscape randomly. But again the option is there if that's your thing. Definitely partial to the FPS like hit detection in Oblivion for sure, nothing I hate more than "percentage hits/misses" that's always pissed me off about some RPG's.

We do tend to agree on the classic Nintendo games, but that's because they're awesome let's be honest. lol

Metroid Prime is one of the best FPS games I've ever played, but Goldeneye was the first and for me still the best, every FPS game naturally gets compared to it by me and for me nothing has matched up to it yet not even close and i wish it would cos the graphics and AI are starting to get unbearable.

doeball
2nd February, 2010, 11:46 PM
well i gotta say cod mw2 is the way forward in my book,
and now the release of MAG with a huge 256 players on line in one battle,things can only get better for any gamer whos into fps games!!!!!!!!!!!!:ridinghorse:
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cover me im reloading :bandit: