PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Romeo GT 1.9JTD Immo off

Techaholic
6th July, 2019, 09:32 AM
Hi,

I have a Bosch Edc16C39 original ecu and an Edc16C8 I purchased from a breaker as a backup not sure if my ecu is fried as the Immobiliser
failure warning is displayed i.e. car with lock and I cannot communicate with ecu. I need bdm connections from Xprog to Ecu pls.
I found a thread started by Grinovsky https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/218551-BDM-CONNECTIONS-FOR-XPROGM?highlight=bdm+connections+xprogm but none of the images are displayed.

rafal
6th July, 2019, 09:36 AM
http://blog.obdii365.com/2018/01/09/xprog-m-bdm-connection-pinouts-collection/

Techaholic
6th July, 2019, 10:11 AM
Thank you for the prompt response. It is however stuck on initialising device. I have triple checked the connections. Any ideas?

rafal
6th July, 2019, 10:23 AM
if you want play with ecu's so will better invest for good equipment

Techaholic
6th July, 2019, 10:35 AM
Do u think the Xprog could be faulty? Is there any way to bench test the ecu?

rafal
6th July, 2019, 10:57 AM
first make good diagnostic with multimeter and osciloscope...........
buy k-tag and bdm frame for reading

Techaholic
6th July, 2019, 12:15 PM
ok, thanks for the advice. I will invest in a ktag in the future. At the moment I don't have the funds and need my vehicle back on the road.

Techaholic
6th July, 2019, 12:53 PM
My device is originally V5.60 I clicked update as an attempt to resolve my connection issues which bricked my xprog. Do u perhaps have the firmware V5.60 for Xprog (Clone) in hex format if possible? I will be using extreme burner.

rafal
6th July, 2019, 12:56 PM
m8 it is not good section .......................move this question to https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php/171-Guides-Procedures-amp-Tutorials

zoro1
6th July, 2019, 07:47 PM
Xprog is working very well with BDM ,so you need working programer xprog.conections is in xprog manual and make full read then full write!I, m using xprog like becup bdm programmer

Techaholic
7th July, 2019, 09:33 AM
Ok, thanks Rafal & Zoro for all your assistance just hope I figure this out.

Techaholic
12th September, 2019, 11:07 AM
UPDATE:
The solution was to replace the ecu with the same HW and SW numbers from a donor vehicle. I then downloaded eeprom backup from old ecu (had to desolder) and uploaded it to new ecu(in circuit) via XPROG. Started up right away with no more immobilizer issues.

zoro1
22nd October, 2019, 11:22 AM
As i see up in the treath ,you say immo iusse?As you say in the end -this is like hardware problem ,or flash problem..Did you try to read flash from old ecu?
And thanks for the reply for finishing the JOB!

doutlaw
22nd October, 2019, 11:58 AM
General rule for all car modules. No communication is generally caused due to module not powering up. If the module has to do with immo then the immo warning will also be displayed.

Had a couple of alfas and fiats coming in with such an issue, customers claiming it is immo and in most cases was just wiring issues.

Glad this is sorted.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk