PDA

View Full Version : Best tool (cheapish) for getting opel code

clockworkfart
7th July, 2019, 10:18 PM
I've got a cheap runabout Corsa D that I'd like to get the security code out of. Using the full bdm (ecu) wasn't successful so I got a cheap usb eeprom reader but no joy with that either.

I'm tempted to get a carprog clone but thought I'd ask first, is that my best bet (I see some say they don't read 24xxx well) or is there a better tool for this job for a similar price?

shooting
8th July, 2019, 07:20 AM
I've got a cheap runabout Corsa D that I'd like to get the security code out of. Using the full bdm (ecu) wasn't successful so I got a cheap usb eeprom reader but no joy with that either.

I'm tempted to get a carprog clone but thought I'd ask first, is that my best bet (I see some say they don't read 24xxx well) or is there a better tool for this job for a similar price?

Remove the radio & display and read their eeproms…. ECU doesn't contain radio codes, only radio/display does....

wbr

clockworkfart
8th July, 2019, 10:13 AM
That's what I tried to do with the "cheap USB eeprom reader"

I'm asking; carprog or is there better options for the same sort of money?

shooting
8th July, 2019, 10:18 AM
That's what I tried to do with the "cheap USB eeprom reader"

I'm asking; carprog or is there better options for the same sort of money?

Any cheap eeprom programmer can be used on these, no need for expensive tools
and you will need OPCOM for pairing

wbr

clockworkfart
8th July, 2019, 10:40 AM
Ok, so I removed dash. Took eeprom off the board and soldered it to my reader's adapter and got nothing but FF for the whole file. Despite everything apparently being correct, I turned the chip around and tried again - the whole file was then nothing but 00.

The program for the reader doesn't have the exact chip listed but I read as 24c32 (iirc). When that didn't work right, I tried every other chip listed but the 00 was the closest I got to anything that made any sense - any idea what I did wrong?

shooting
8th July, 2019, 11:04 AM
Ok, so I removed dash. Took eeprom off the board and soldered it to my reader's adapter and got nothing but FF for the whole file. Despite everything apparently being correct, I turned the chip around and tried again - the whole file was then nothing but 00.

The program for the reader doesn't have the exact chip listed but I read as 24c32 (iirc). When that didn't work right, I tried every other chip listed but the 00 was the closest I got to anything that made any sense - any idea what I did wrong?

The display will have a 93c56 eeprom not a 24x chip, not the same and you can damage it by trying to read it as 24x
Any cheap Pony Prog programmer set to 93x will read these, the radio will have a 24x eeprom and your current programmer will read that

wbr

clockworkfart
8th July, 2019, 11:17 AM
Dash (odo&tachometer) 08odowq, not display. But I'll give the radio a try thankyou

shooting
8th July, 2019, 11:30 AM
Dash (odo&tachometer) 08odowq, not display. But I'll give the radio a try thankyou

What radio model do you have? CD30?

wbr

clockworkfart
8th July, 2019, 02:54 PM
yes cd30. so what I've learned today; code out of the radio is 7279 - the same as what I got out of the ecu so I'll have to do the same with the BDM (the module I'm trying to code) as it seems that must have a different code.

So, to give a little back; YES you can get the pin out of the ecu, with a full bdm read. open the eeprom file in winols on it's own at 8bit decimal (text) at 0f3 - 0f6 you'll find four numbers preceded by "3" so, mine read: 37 32 37 39. Ignore the threes and you get your code.:rock:

Anyone have a picture of the eeprom in the bcm and know how to get the code from it? will oscr work?

shooting
8th July, 2019, 03:28 PM
yes cd30. so what I've learned today; code out of the radio is 7279 - the same as what I got out of the ecu so I'll have to do the same with the BDM (the module I'm trying to code) as it seems that must have a different code.

So, to give a little back; YES you can get the pin out of the ecu, with a full bdm read. open the eeprom file in winols on it's own at 8bit decimal (text) at 0f3 - 0f6 you'll find four numbers preceded by "3" so, mine read: 37 32 37 39. Ignore the threes and you get your code.:rock:

Anyone have a picture of the eeprom in the bdm and know how to get the code from it? will oscr work?

The ECU has the CAR's pin which is used in the Cluster and Keys as well as the radio, but these aren't always the same PIN,
idiots on here change the PIN to something new leaving many problems when coding keys etc... for example.
To get your radio paired you need to read your Display and your Radio, then unregister the radio and pair using the Display pin.
Delete OSCR as its misleading and crap, pin from Display is needed not radio.

wbr

clockworkfart
8th July, 2019, 04:25 PM
I'm not trying to pair the radio and display, I'm trying to find a pin so I can perform coding (cruise control) in the bcm - and program a second key at some point. Opcom won't let me "program variant configuration" without the code.

The ecu came up with the same code as the radio but it's not the right code for the bcm. But, as the radio and display are paired and working fine with no "safe" message they'll both have the same code as far as I know?

So presumably the next step is to read the eeprom in the bcm and get it's code somehow?

shooting
8th July, 2019, 07:20 PM
I'm not trying to pair the radio and display, I'm trying to find a pin so I can perform coding (cruise control) in the bcm - and program a second key at some point. Opcom won't let me "program variant configuration" without the code.

The ecu came up with the same code as the radio but it's not the right code for the bcm. But, as the radio and display are paired and working fine with no "safe" message they'll both have the same code as far as I know?

So presumably the next step is to read the eeprom in the bcm and get it's code somehow?

BCM & ECU should have the same PIN code, unusual for them to be different,
ECU pin is used to make keys so you should be able to make a new key with what you have.
I use SBB to make keys on these, works well :)

wbr

clockworkfart
8th July, 2019, 11:27 PM
Hmmmm, it is starting to become a bit of a puzzle; the ecu and radio codes matching points to the bcm being changed but im not sure it'd work without a matching code?

I've got the car in bits at the moment so I can't try again for now but I'm starting to think I either entered the wrong number accidentally or it was still in the wait time - though I'm sure I checked both!

Seems quite complex reading the bcm's eeprom, from what I read earlier I'd also need to read an nxp? Perhaps the easiest option would be to buy a "divorced" bcm and go from there, if re-entering the code doesn't work

shooting
9th July, 2019, 10:58 AM
Hmmmm, it is starting to become a bit of a puzzle; the ecu and radio codes matching points to the bcm being changed but im not sure it'd work without a matching code?

I've got the car in bits at the moment so I can't try again for now but I'm starting to think I either entered the wrong number accidentally or it was still in the wait time - though I'm sure I checked both!

Seems quite complex reading the bcm's eeprom, from what I read earlier I'd also need to read an nxp? Perhaps the easiest option would be to buy a "divorced" bcm and go from there, if re-entering the code doesn't work

Your BCM will have a pair sequence for current state, so I really think you can try using your current car's pin to program it.
Also the ECU pin location you quoted is only for your ECU, it depends on the model, eg EDC15 & EDC16 have different locations.

wbr

clockworkfart
9th July, 2019, 11:11 AM
Agreed, thankyou. It'll be a couple of days before it's back together now though - turns out welding near a plastic inlet manifold wasn't one of my better ideas.....

IF the code still won't work, I'd still like to beat it myself - what options do I have tool-wise? I just watched a video where someone read the bcm with a upa-s, but sofar I can only find "upa usb 1.3" which I'm not sure is the same thing? What else will do it without breaking the bank? I can take surface mount chips off if I have to

shooting
9th July, 2019, 12:52 PM
Agreed, thankyou. It'll be a couple of days before it's back together now though - turns out welding near a plastic inlet manifold wasn't one of my better ideas.....

IF the code still won't work, I'd still like to beat it myself - what options do I have tool-wise? I just watched a video where someone read the bcm with a upa-s, but sofar I can only find "upa usb 1.3" which I'm not sure is the same thing? What else will do it without breaking the bank? I can take surface mount chips off if I have to

Only tools you'll need are a TL866 programmer and OPCOM, and of course a key programmer like SBB etc..

wbr

clockworkfart
9th July, 2019, 02:14 PM
I thought opcom programmed keys? I've had it over 10 years and never tried.

I'll look into tl866 programmer, any suggestions, including software?

shooting
9th July, 2019, 05:41 PM
I thought opcom programmed keys? I've had it over 10 years and never tried.

I'll look into tl866 programmer, any suggestions, including software?

OPCOM can do some keys but not a proper tool for doing keys ;)

wbr

clockworkfart
26th July, 2019, 10:20 PM
I have a new/related problem;

Using opcom, in immobiliser the code I have is accepted. Then I go to bcm and try to enter the same code to "program variant configuration" and get a little grey box saying something about function not supported.

So, I suspect I need a different version of opcom (sw). Sadly, I don't know much about the hardware - I had a late original, genuine interface but my brother broke it and replaced it. If I can figure out how to view hw and sw numbers I'll post them up.

Does that sound right though? Different sw needed or fw or am I doing something wrong?

shooting
27th July, 2019, 12:08 AM
I have a new/related problem;

Using opcom, in immobiliser the code I have is accepted. Then I go to bcm and try to enter the same code to "program variant configuration" and get a little grey box saying something about function not supported.

So, I suspect I need a different version of opcom (sw). Sadly, I don't know much about the hardware - I had a late original, genuine interface but my brother broke it and replaced it. If I can figure out how to view hw and sw numbers I'll post them up.

Does that sound right though? Different sw needed or fw or am I doing something wrong?

This section is ONLY for radio's, if you have other problems then post in the correct section

wbr