PDA

View Full Version : Volvo C30 CEM eeprom - where the transponder and remote codes kept

urcarpc
8th July, 2019, 01:13 PM
Hey guys, need some help figuring out where the remote codes are in the cem's eeprom (chip2).

The small story, I have a c30 2010 with no keys, i managed to start car by programming an id48 transponder, however i need remote functions to work. I purchased a second hand (donar) cem, which had 2 keys registered to it.

By copying donar cem chip2's eeprom over to the original cem chip2's eeprom, i have both transponder & remote fob working, but im left with anti pollution error on the dash.

When i put diagnostics machine on, im left with abs configuration error, and under live data, the steering lock module, abs configs in cem, and password are not approved, but the car starts fine.

If any good engineer here can help me pinpoint remote settings, password, abs config from the dumps ive provided, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Some useful info from eeprom chip1633553https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190708/707ef0ce45e2f36b49600450d0193f2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

urcarpc
27th July, 2019, 02:44 PM
This is the worst car ive ever had to work on

KriptoKey
27th July, 2019, 03:14 PM
That means that the remote data is in the eeprom of the MCU2. It is a matter of studying all the possibilities of that key including the data that is written on the remote of that key. Can you publish the image of the key including the data that is printed?
regards

urcarpc
17th December, 2019, 01:15 AM
That means that the remote data is in the eeprom of the MCU2. It is a matter of studying all the possibilities of that key including the data that is written on the remote of that key. Can you publish the image of the key including the data that is printed?
regardsI dont have the printed label of the remote keys, they from donar car. I programmed transponders to mcu1 from original cem, and used mcu2 from donar cem. Was left with abs faults but started, both keys started and remotes worked. I did programme fresh transponders to mcu1 with car prog. I managed to find abs config from mcu1 and steering lock configs, but using donar cem dumps and donar ecu(altered abs and steering data) the car doesnt start. If i use donar steering lock but with donar ecu and cem, car ignition comes on but with immobiliser error on dash.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jayner
6th January, 2022, 04:53 AM
Hi, in this case if I want to write key 1 in a transponder , is the correct way write word 3-2:B7 4B 61 C5 word 9:70AA word 8:4F4D word 7:94E3 word 6:98DC word 5:1F1E word 4:62 DD ??????

MartiLer
6th January, 2022, 08:34 AM
not. explicitly correct crypto key in meg 48 is not written

Locksmith88
23rd April, 2022, 05:43 AM
Did you figure this out?