PDA

View Full Version : Novell OES and TSM

jfish
24th December, 2009, 01:02 PM
anyone use Novell Suse OES with IBM TSM

trying to restore data onto the server, starts off and then about 5 minutes into the job, server crashes then after 10 minutes come back to life, obviously restore backs out

I have done another restore last week (different set of data) no problems, just this one is doing this.

is Linux restricted to the dept of folder structure we can use, also the partition I am restoring to is a NSS volume.

itr703
14th August, 2010, 01:48 PM
anyone use Novell Suse OES with IBM TSM

trying to restore data onto the server, starts off and then about 5 minutes into the job, server crashes then after 10 minutes come back to life, obviously restore backs out

I have done another restore last week (different set of data) no problems, just this one is doing this.

is Linux restricted to the dept of folder structure we can use, also the partition I am restoring to is a NSS volume.

Check the list of supported filesystems on: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmfdt.doc/ans50000109.htm

Are you sure the backup was ok ? If so try restoring to another filesystem like ext3.

Regards,

celobts
17th August, 2010, 07:59 PM
that is why I prefer windows:thrasher:

itr703
17th August, 2010, 10:02 PM
that is why I prefer windows:thrasher:
Well ... this post wasn't very usefull; I don't think the problem is solved now.

Sometimes you do not have a choice and Novell Suse OES with IBM TSM is the reality you have to deal with ....

Regards,
ITR703