PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Annylizer ?

acestu
24th December, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hi Fellas, i was just wondering if this is possible , i have a vectra 1.8i and the mixture is all to cock and it failed emmisions even after a new cat, i wanted to put a voltmeter on the lambda sensor in real time but wondered if this would corrupt the signal to the ECU if i did this, or is there something commercialy available that i can plug into the ECU socket which will show me what is going on, the socket in my car is pre ODBII i think, but i have shorted some pins out in the past to get a diagnostic code out of it...

Thanks In Advance
Acestu

bokilee
24th December, 2009, 08:53 PM
Osciloscope will be good. But you can just mesure Volts with a ordinary digital voltmetar. Changes will be in domen from 1V to 0V. What is the problem with a car? Is there any DTC codes?

Regards
Boban

sixpack
24th December, 2009, 09:13 PM
Hi Fellas, i was just wondering if this is possible , i have a vectra 1.8i and the mixture is all to cock and it failed emmisions even after a new cat, i wanted to put a voltmeter on the lambda sensor in real time but wondered if this would corrupt the signal to the ECU if i did this, or is there something commercialy available that i can plug into the ECU socket which will show me what is going on, the socket in my car is pre ODBII i think, but i have shorted some pins out in the past to get a diagnostic code out of it...

Thanks In Advance
Acestu

there is a hardware called Crecorder

Car running data Recorder (http://www.crecorder.com/website/userLogin.do?method=productInfo&page=1)

acestu
25th December, 2009, 01:35 AM
Cheers Fellas, the oscilascope sounds like a deer job, but the crecorder sixpack is on ebay for ?25.00 looks just the job, just got to find out which socket is in my car now ......

thanks again
Acestu

oldford
25th December, 2009, 09:03 AM
C-recorder won't work in this car. Op-com will.
First check for leaks around the inlet- and exhaust-manifold. Checks all hoses connected to the inlet manifold. Check fuel pressure regulator for leaks.

acestu
25th December, 2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks oldford, do you have any links for the op-com, i will google it but just in case thanks.,..

cheers
Acestu