PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for info...

inchy
16th September, 2008, 07:55 PM
Hi Guys,

I've head my head somewhat buried in the sand and have only just started to look into Eurovox/Dreambox...

I've had a chipped up Pace box to view VM for a few years now, and although my technical knowledge is fairly poor, I did manage to learn how to progam the cards etc when the rolled the keys.

Anyway, what is the Eurovox lark? And whats the difference between Eurovox and Dreambox?

I've been told so far that you can rewind the tv etc like Sky+ and record programmes to the HDD. Is it just a plug and go thing, or do they need to be chipped, and have cards updated etc like the normal cable boxes?

If so, is there an idiots guide to doing it?

Thanks in advance

Inchy

herm01
16th September, 2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Im looking for the same kind of answers and access to the Downloads section?
Cheers

Herm01

inchy
17th September, 2008, 06:51 PM
bttt:manuflag:

delboy13
18th September, 2008, 12:07 AM
eurovox you just flash a file on to it with a cable tune in channels and away you go
dreambox is a bit more technical you also put an image file on to the box sometimes need to ftp things on to box it is a linux box.
you can get hdd versions for both boxes so they have pvr functions.but i think you can not just record any channel while watching 1 it has to be same transponder

thered
19th September, 2008, 03:03 PM
delboys right eurovox is a piece of piss but you cant record two channels as it only has one tuner like you can on sky (unless its on the same transponder which is not very likely)

however if you get a dreambox 7025 for instance this has twin tuners you can use like sky+ i have just got one

which brings me to my next point these are not a piece of piss and drive you mad ive followed advice and different advice on this and various sites and still cant get my cable to work so the choice is yours

dont let me put you off though il get there one day just dont think it will be soon though lol