PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover - 2018 - Smart Key - Re use already programmed key ?

bursuc
17th July, 2019, 02:36 PM
Hy all DK friends,

I have a 2018 range rover with smart key i already have a working key but need 2 more. i was wondering if i can reprogram used keys to the car.
I have lonsdor JLR key programmer .
I attach picture with the key and lonsdor programmer

best regards

godfathertre
17th July, 2019, 03:46 PM
Do not touch if had software update otherwise you will damage car there is a big massive thread here.

ray-ray
17th July, 2019, 07:35 PM
New system in effect!!

fred77
17th July, 2019, 08:41 PM
Almost certain that tool is for previous system, not this one.

Also why would you want to use a cheap OBD tool on a seriously expensive car, known to have serious issues -
do backup 1st to avoid major headache
otherwise crazy

bursuc
17th July, 2019, 11:04 PM
What tool to use for this new system? regards

bursuc
17th July, 2019, 11:06 PM
New system in effect!!

What tool is working with this key type system and are used keys able to be re-programmed?

thanks in advantage.

BR

fred77
17th July, 2019, 11:22 PM
main dealer tool lol

bursuc
17th July, 2019, 11:31 PM
main dealer tool lol

OK. Final question, the tool i have from lonsdor will be able to program USED keys or only new keys ?

I will do a full backup with VVDI prog before i start doing anything. Lonsdor is telling me to read the D Flash and upload it to their website and after they give me a different file to write in and after i need to do it by OBD.

Will this work with my tool with USED keys or it will work with new keys only or it will NOT work at all ?

Too many questions, i know... but i reaaly appreciate a straight answer.

thanks in advantage and best regards

esx503
18th July, 2019, 05:42 AM
OK. Final question, the tool i have from lonsdor will be able to program USED keys or only new keys ?

I will do a full backup with VVDI prog before i start doing anything. Lonsdor is telling me to read the D Flash and upload it to their website and after they give me a different file to write in and after i need to do it by OBD.

Will this work with my tool with USED keys or it will work with new keys only or it will NOT work at all ?

Too many questions, i know... but i reaaly appreciate a straight answer.

thanks in advantage and best regardsnot talking from experience on this particular car but usually used smart keys aren't reusable unless virginized.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

godfathertre
18th July, 2019, 07:19 AM
What kind of back up you will get from Londsor none listen to advise otherwise you will pay the price only dealer tool.

bursuc
18th July, 2019, 11:42 AM
What kind of back up you will get from Londsor none listen to advise otherwise you will pay the price only dealer tool.

I will make backup with VVDI prog.

Locker
19th July, 2019, 07:10 AM
Older style range rover/ jaguar smart keys were re-usable. No idea about those newer style ones