PDA

View Full Version : ELECTRONIC COMPONENT

sagie1zn
19th July, 2019, 05:54 PM
hello guys, i am failing everywhere to find out what this component is. was told first it could be diode, then diac then NTC. Hoping someone here can identify it. It fits inside a kia picanto and hyundai i10 automatic transmission and runs in hot transmission oil. it is soldered on a ribbon cable and does not connect to any solenoid and probably wiring connects to transmission ecu. Apologies if its wrong section
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iTT9ODGwJVApTTN3YzWpQwtGm1Ay2SlL

clusters
19th July, 2019, 06:09 PM
Probably a thermistor for the transmission oil temperature

sagie1zn
19th July, 2019, 06:29 PM
if it is, how do i test it and what specs do i use if i buy new part

clusters
19th July, 2019, 06:49 PM
Service information should have a resistance chart for specific temperatures.

You could test the circuit it is in, one wire should be sensor ground, the other should show 5V reference with it disconnected.

Also live data should show -40 with the circuit open, and +200 or more when shorted.

As to a replacement, no real idea where you would get one. Unfortunately I don't have specific info for that particular car, but here is a temp chart from another model.

sagie1zn
19th July, 2019, 07:27 PM
what is your take on this , anyone else please chime in. both make cars, same symptoms-goes into fail-safe, like stuck in third gear. there is two pieces of the harness that fits into each other and bolts onto valve body into solenoids. when this fail-safe problem occurs, you buy the two piece harness from the dealer, replace and job done. the only component besides the ribbon cable is the thermistor, so that leads me to believe that the component could be the cause. Could be the cause:itsme:but i could be wrong. What is the chance of the ribbon cable being faulty under hot temperature, cause all i can do on the bench is test for continuity. both cables cost about 7k and the component cost peanuts, so do the math if this can be repaired