PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, need help regarding Carprog (AliExpress)

ineedlove
22nd July, 2019, 01:05 PM
Hi,I am from India and we have a small family business of completely fixing totaled cars.

So recently I began my search to learn how to clear crash data from the modules. I have learned that there a number of tools that can be used like eeprom programmers(though it is very limited to a few cars.), ultraprog (I learned about ultraprog just in this forum)and Carprog(from AliExpress).

Though any car can come by our garage at any point of time to get fixed but the most frequent cars are:

HYUNDAI= I10 Grand, I20, Verna, Creta, Accent, Elantra

HONDA= City, WRV, Accord

MARUTI SUZUKI= Swift, Swift Dzire, Ertiga ,Vittara Brezza, S-Cross, Baleno

TOYOTA= Fortuner, Innova

RENAULT= Duster, Kwid

FORD= Eco Sport, Figo

MAHINDRA= Scorpio, SUV, TUV

Though these car are most frequent but any other car can come by any time.
So my questions are:

1. Can this cloned carprog works fine for clearing modules?
2. Is there any limitation of this device?
3. Where can I get the cleared data for different modules particularly for cars in India?
4. The carprog software(that comes in CD), does it already have module data for some cars or all cars?
5. What is the difference between carprog "8.21 online" and "V9.31/V10.05/V10.93 offline" ?
6. Since every module is different, how do I know how to connect that module to carprog? (Will these instructions be available in CD that comes with device?) (I have some soldering experience)
7. Since I have realised that there are bad clones on AliExpress too, therefor please guide me to best version of Carprog on Aliexpress.
8. Any other revelant information will be highly appreciated.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
ineedlove

ineedlove
23rd July, 2019, 05:30 AM
Anyone please help

lucic66
23rd July, 2019, 05:48 AM
Carprog 8,21 its good ,no have counter.
Anyone please help

ineedlove
23rd July, 2019, 05:54 AM
Carprog 8,21 its good ,no have counter.

But how do I know how to connect wires in different modules also where can I get clear crash data for Indian cars

ineedlove
24th July, 2019, 03:33 AM
Relpy from anyone, I would be thankful for it

autoden
24th July, 2019, 07:19 AM
Instruction is in with software.

ineedlove
24th July, 2019, 10:45 AM
Instructions like how to connect to modules etc can be found in cd that comes with device?

ineedlove
25th July, 2019, 03:42 AM
Help someone please !

ineedlove
26th July, 2019, 03:35 AM
Help help help!

koolstuff
26th July, 2019, 03:56 PM
yes carprog is good but original is better than chinese clones, yes there are some pinout connections coming with the software

Stelaras26
26th July, 2019, 03:58 PM
1. Can this cloned carprog works fine for clearing modules? 50-70%
2. Is there any limitation of this device? No ,no limitation.
3. Where can I get the cleared data for different modules particularly for cars in India? Try working with companies that do this for indian cars,find a programmer that can help,buy original airbag crach clear softwares
4. The carprog software(that comes in CD), does it already have module data for some cars or all cars? Plenty of cars till 2013-2014
5. What is the difference between carprog "8.21 online" and "V9.31/V10.05/V10.93 offline" ? they have some airbag modules that 8.21 does not,but for dash usually not activated
6. Since every module is different, how do I know how to connect that module to carprog? (Will these instructions be available in CD that comes with device?) (I have some soldering experience) Carprog has some instructions,but to learn you have to read,and read-experience is 50% of the job
7. Since I have realised that there are bad clones on AliExpress too, therefor please guide me to best version of Carprog on Aliexpress. all clones are mostly the same,buy one(not the cheapest of them all) and there are threads here that help with reworking it.
8. Any other revelant information will be highly appreciated. Online functions are fake,renault volvo dash emu never worked,dont expect to do everything with one device ,even if it was ori!

ineedlove
27th July, 2019, 03:07 PM
Thank you @lucic66 , @autoden , @koolstuff

ineedlove
27th July, 2019, 03:16 PM
1. Can this cloned carprog works fine for clearing modules? 50-70%
2. Is there any limitation of this device? No ,no limitation.
3. Where can I get the cleared data for different modules particularly for cars in India? Try working with companies that do this for indian cars,find a programmer that can help,buy original airbag crach clear softwares
4. The carprog software(that comes in CD), does it already have module data for some cars or all cars? Plenty of cars till 2013-2014
5. What is the difference between carprog "8.21 online" and "V9.31/V10.05/V10.93 offline" ? they have some airbag modules that 8.21 does not,but for dash usually not activated
6. Since every module is different, how do I know how to connect that module to carprog? (Will these instructions be available in CD that comes with device?) (I have some soldering experience) Carprog has some instructions,but to learn you have to read,and read-experience is 50% of the job
7. Since I have realised that there are bad clones on AliExpress too, therefor please guide me to best version of Carprog on Aliexpress. all clones are mostly the same,buy one(not the cheapest of them all) and there are threads here that help with reworking it.
8. Any other revelant information will be highly appreciated. Online functions are fake,renault volvo dash emu never worked,dont expect to do everything with one device ,even if it was ori!

A very very big thank you my dear friend @Stelaras26 for a very thorough answer.
I just need carprog for doing airbag modules only.
When I start getting success in clearing modules then I can invest a big amount in good tools.
Can you name some good tools for airbag only, what is your opinion for ultraprog?

donchester
29th July, 2019, 02:35 AM
clone carprog i believe its a waits of time... you would need original carprog. the china one shows a lot of N/A try it to see