PDA

View Full Version : Swap Red MFD for Colour MFD ---- help

luisfm
25th July, 2019, 09:49 AM
Hi. I want to change the instrument panel MFD to a vw Touareg 9/2007 has it in red colo and I want to mount one in color. I have seen in forums people who have commented that they have done so.
The reference of my current picture is this 7L6920875G and I think the color compatible is this 7L6920890. Do you know if it is valid? I ask before buying, because I don't want to throw money.
another thing that I have doubt to put the real kilometers that my car has in the color box (used) with the vag k + k can I do?

mikkhh
27th July, 2019, 05:20 PM
colour cluster swap should be easy, transfer cluster coding with vcds and should work. and this does not have keys or immo in cluster as older vag cars..
for mileage I would use any other popular obd mileage correction tool.

H2Deetoo
28th July, 2019, 12:22 PM
The job is easy if you have the right tools, read IMMO data from orig red cluster (Micronas) and convert immo to NEC format and write it to target cluster.
Also add 1 or more new transponders, the orig transponders cannot be reused.

You need proper tools to handle those types of clusters.

exe123
28th July, 2019, 01:39 PM
The job is easy if you have the right tools, read IMMO data from orig red cluster (Micronas) and convert immo to NEC format and write it to target cluster.
Also add 1 or more new transponders, the orig transponders cannot be reused.

You need proper tools to handle those types of clusters.

Thats right for Touran.
But they are talking about Touareg which is Bosch RB8 with 24C08 and no immo data.