PDA

View Full Version : Simos 9.1 P0303 off

Diseasel
26th July, 2019, 09:19 PM
Hi all,

Can someone disable dtc P0303 from the attached ECU read

Also, which s/w did you use to do it, can't seem to find anything that can do Simos 9.1

Many thanks

bobolin4o
27th July, 2019, 06:57 AM
Disabling this error will not stop the misfires in cylinder 3...

Diseasel
27th July, 2019, 08:28 AM
I'm aware of this. In the research that I've done, many people have done major work including someone who installed a brand new cylinder head without fixing the problem. This is for a cheap car so needs a cheap fix. The limp home reaction is dangerous, the misfire may damage catalyst long term. I'd rather do that.

This car only misfires in certain operating conditions. I think the timing + Egr is not robustly calibrated. Once fault is not present, I plan to try to adjust this.

Thanks

bobolin4o
27th July, 2019, 08:49 AM
The poin is, that there is not a damos for Simos 9.1...
The only thing we can is to mask the code, which is not enough to stop the ECU to disable misfired cylinder.
The proper way is to adjust the sensitivity of misfiring detection, so - need damos...

And finally, the car don't know, that she is cheap... she wants to not have misfires.
The EGR strategies are same as the car was new, but there was not misfires at all...
If you think, that the problem is caused by EGR - just blank it - there will be error, MIL, but not Limp...

Diseasel
31st July, 2019, 10:33 PM
OK, so I managed to find a SIMOS 10.1 a2l + hex. I found what I need to change inside SIMOS 10.1 and I've then been trying to compare the map structure to SIMOS 9.1. Unfortunately, it seems the function version for the misfire detection may have changed between the software levels as the maps don't tie up. Any suggestions?