PDA

View Full Version : Before and after tuning files

Derryfarmer
27th July, 2019, 10:02 AM
Hi, is anyone able to share before and after tuning files? I'm trying to teach myself how to remap and I find a good way to learn is to compare before and after (that's the way I seem to learn best).

Any help would be great and it may also help others learn if they stumble upon this post?

morgano
27th July, 2019, 11:06 AM
Monkey see monkey do is not learning.

You need develop your own strategy, learn identify maps, learn how engine works, know its limits, etc etc, just seeing what other people changed in a file will not teach you tuning. Takes months of practice and understanding, lot of hours a day.

Start by taking a target original file and identify the maps, then understand why the engine works as it does based on the maps you see, then think what you want to change in the engine behaviour and what chenges in the maps will make the result you search for, then make calculations and finally make changes in maps.

That is the way. Imho.

Derryfarmer
27th July, 2019, 11:10 AM
I find it's how I learn personally. I like to see the result and work out why it has been done like that to understand. It's stood me pretty well in life so far and I think it's a good place to start.

PS I do undertsnad the theory of tuning, i understand maps and how to find them (usually with help...) and I undersrtand what they do and what differerence the changes will make, but next I'd like to understand how other more experienced people change the values. I'm sure there's mroe ways of learning but this is one I'd like to try.

morgano
27th July, 2019, 11:23 AM
Then i suggest you buy good files from good tuner so the changes you will see are with sense.

Learning that way you porpose to see changes from unknown shitty quality “tuned” file will teach you to shit tune files.

spacie2136
27th July, 2019, 11:31 AM
Hahahaha... yeah. Everybody needs to learn one day ;-)

Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmfHXJwWPrQ&list=PLxYpxtRjTQYJie-xnCH_Unx4l65Cu6W-r

Derryfarmer
27th July, 2019, 12:11 PM
Then i suggest you buy good files from good tuner so the changes you will see are with sense.

Learning that way you porpose to see changes from unknown shitty quality “tuned” file will teach you to shit tune files.

That is a good point. I was maybe hoping to get some decent files but you're right, I suppose I won't know the quality.

Hahahaha... yeah. Everybody needs to learn one day ;-)

Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmfHXJwWPrQ&list=PLxYpxtRjTQYJie-xnCH_Unx4l65Cu6W-r

Thank you! I've watched his stuff on EDC15, and even bought a couple of extra EDC17 guides from his website - it's very good

Lambda1
27th July, 2019, 12:16 PM
EDC17 for beginners... good luck

spacie2136
27th July, 2019, 12:26 PM

True. I forgot more than the half of maps when i tried EDC17 :-(

Derryfarmer
27th July, 2019, 01:43 PM

.... thank you?