PDA

View Full Version : couple of niggling ragmeoff dm7020s questions

loncell
17th September, 2008, 02:01 PM
got a dm7020s all set up but when when im searching for sats in MOTOR CONFIG" set up there's 2 boxes at the top ;-

[] Use Motor Input Power [] mA

[] Use gotoXX Function

now me first questions are , what are there purpose and do i tick or dont i tick ? i use a stab motor in my set up and what number should go in the mA ( was told 50 but not sure if that right).
then this transponder selection process.which one do i select when say im scanning for example:- 9e ? or 21.5e etc.....

someone said " use one that works " well how the ~~~~ do i know if its working or not ??.
another is , what sats can i cant i get ? there's no point me sitting there searching away and not sure if the transponders good or not then find out i cant get the sat anyway !!.

oh and yes ive googled till me i couldnt google no more but it seems you mustbe fully converse with sat set ups before you can learn lots talk the old bullshite rather than " do this m8 or i do it this way..

normal response is "buy a ............set up" which doesnt help what so ever.

just a bit pissed off trying and trying and with simple questions unanswered.

can someone please 1.2.3 how they search for sats on a motorised set up with a dreambox ...cheers all.

Devilfish
17th September, 2008, 03:31 PM
If you're using a stab motor, I don't think you need to enter a mA in.

The gotoxx function is if you are using USALS. You enter your longitude and latitude and, if you motor/dish/alignment is setup perfect, it will find the satellites on its own without you needing to store the individual positions.

Curious123
17th September, 2008, 11:15 PM
A couple of things you need to do before you get started firstly check that your dish is pointing to the correct direction if you are not sure than check the out the installing a motor' in the sat section. Secondly you need to align your dish properly by using the latitdude and lontitude settings if you are not sure than check your post code in multimap or something similar.

Lets assume that you have done the above than you go to reciver and do Setup > Service searching > Motor setup > Select use usals > enter your lat/long settings > save.

Now you need to point your BBC World Thor1W satellite and adjust your dish till you get a strong signal.

Try all of the above and come back and tell us how you got on.