PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Legacy 2004 speedo cluster problem

Rtronics
26th December, 2009, 07:21 AM
Hi to all. First i would like to wish everyone had a merry xmas and a happy new year.

My problem is i tried to do milaege correction with the tacho universal. although it said on the manual to do both L56R CHIPS desoldered, i tried doing it soldered on board.

Now i dont get any km's and a faint white screen with no numbers. I have another legacy and i tried copying the 2 good ones onto the the 2 bad ones with still the same result.

Here are the 2 dumps from the bad cluster. im thinking that if anyone had this problem they could tell me whether i have damaged something else on board and they can tell me which part to replace. Also if anyone can give me a dump for this around 90,00 km.

Subaru Legacy GT 2004
850 15AG04 0
NS-L400-A

PremierD
26th December, 2009, 11:18 AM
Hi to all. First i would like to wish everyone had a merry xmas and a happy new year.

My problem is i tried to do milaege correction with the tacho universal. although it said on the manual to do both L56R CHIPS desoldered, i tried doing it soldered on board.

Now i dont get any km's and a faint white screen with no numbers. I have another legacy and i tried copying the 2 good ones onto the the 2 bad ones with still the same result.

Here are the 2 dumps from the bad cluster. im thinking that if anyone had this problem they could tell me whether i have damaged something else on board and they can tell me which part to replace. Also if anyone can give me a dump for this around 90,00 km.

Subaru Legacy GT 2004
850 15AG04 0
NS-L400-A

You are Correct mate ...Your both dumps are full off Sh1t....
First of all You only need to do ONE c56 eeprom .. And why when it says Remove did'nt you.....I assume that the dumps are taken while on the board....?.. I'm clutching at straws here ..but did you get a dump ..Before you changed it ...?.. Now Can you post a Pickie of the Dash...May be able to help but not back to workshop till Monday...But I'm sure that Some of our DK brothers will have sorted it out by then ....If not I will ...

PS ... Always Remove /SAVE /SAVE AGAIN.... Then change ....:ahhhhh:

Rtronics
26th December, 2009, 12:23 PM
Yes, i know,but shouda,woulda,coulda aint gonna help me for now. i have learnt for next time.....

Here are the pics... let me know if ya need anything in particular.

Rtronics
26th December, 2009, 12:27 PM
oh, and the answer is no, i didnt get a dump read before i stuffed around with it. and yes taken while on board.....

ooops me bad.......

drpeter
26th December, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yes, i know,but shouda,woulda,coulda aint gonna help me for now. i have learnt for next time.....

Yes the dumps are almost empty, you had to program both chips off board on same value (km) (with this type of cluster), if you had a good dump left L56R (1) and right L56R (2) then I could calculate it for you but you need both good files first. There is an Russian website for dumps maybe you find it there;

CarDamp Base :: ??????? (http://cardamp.ru)

PremierD
26th December, 2009, 12:36 PM

I'm not being clever after the fact mate...It's because I see these posts all the time ...But the good thing is you have learned (unfortuatley By your mistake ).. As I said I should be able to sort it come Monday ..

Gday mate ....

Rtronics
26th December, 2009, 02:41 PM
here are 2 good dumps from another cluster which should have around 44000km on it.

Can someone double check and make sure i got a good read and if possible change the mileage to 90,000km.

PremierD
26th December, 2009, 03:10 PM
here are 2 good dumps from another cluster which should have around 44000km on it.

Can someone double check and make sure i got a good read and if possible change the mileage to 90,000km.

Two good dumps mate :proud:....Will check them a little later

PremierD
26th December, 2009, 04:06 PM
Your dump look a bit odd mate ... But have edited it ..the way yours looked...

Rtronics
26th December, 2009, 04:25 PM
should they both be the same ?

if not just change the L56R2 ?

Cheers

PremierD
26th December, 2009, 04:32 PM
should they both be the same ?

if not just change the L56R2 ?

Cheers

I've only ever change one mate ... Try it ....

Rtronics
26th December, 2009, 11:40 PM
Hmmmm..... ( scratching my head )

i have posted the dumps from both 2 L56R chips.

im pretty sure both of them dont look good and are almost empty.

1. For the purpose of this excercise should i programme both chips with this data ?

2. and for next time if i only have to do one chip, does it matter which one i do ?

i am still confused as the manual says do both chips the same , and there was a comment above that said i should have done both chips the same but of board of course.

i apologise in advance if i sound rude, after all you are trying to help me, but do you know why we are only doing 1 chip? have you actually did it and tested it with one chip and there were no problems after that ?

PremierD
27th December, 2009, 12:32 AM
Hmmmm..... ( scratching my head )

i have posted the dumps from both 2 L56R chips.

im pretty sure both of them dont look good and are almost empty.

1. For the purpose of this excercise should i programme both chips with this data ?

2. and for next time if i only have to do one chip, does it matter which one i do ?

i am still confused as the manual says do both chips the same , and there was a comment above that said i should have done both chips the same but of board of course.

i apologise in advance if i sound rude, after all you are trying to help me, but do you know why we are only doing 1 chip? have you actually did it and tested it with one chip and there were no problems after that ?

Meat-Head
27th December, 2009, 10:13 AM
I'm ready for bed ....

Yeah your are even cooler than i thought, you loggoed off before i did and loggeg on this morning before me!

PremierD
27th December, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah your are even cooler than i thought, you loggoed off before i did and loggeg on this morning before me!
And coz I was Fcuked I made a Horses Ass of the calculations ....

Meat-Head
27th December, 2009, 10:27 AM
And coz I was Fcuked I made a Horses Ass of the calculations ....

so instead of the speedo showing miles travelded it just shows an image of a donkeys arse. Perhaps the 'Donkeykong' software is what you should be using!

got to go, things to do, places to go, people to upset. Speak later

Rtronics
29th December, 2009, 11:14 AM
By the way, thanks for your help PremierD.

I ended up programming 2 new chips from the good data i posted and then used the tacho universal to adjust the mileage.

Thanks mate.... from down under....

PremierD
29th December, 2009, 11:26 AM
By the way, thanks for your help PremierD.

I ended up programming 2 new chips from the good data i posted and then used the tacho universal to adjust the mileage.

Thanks mate.... from down under....

Out off curiousity Mate ... Was the calculation close ...?

Rtronics
30th December, 2009, 11:19 AM
she was so damn close, that if she ripped one you would have smelt it. lmao

yes mate it was very close.

cheers

dkr
21st June, 2010, 04:03 PM
i need dash dump subaru forester 99
please help:giveup:

cjawahir
6th October, 2010, 12:13 AM
hi guys , i have a cluster blank like yours , legacy 2006 model wagon ,

also two pins was tuching each other on the big green plug , the one the right .

the problem is car dont start and dump number 2 is almost all blank .

I use the one here but still no go .

i try to program key with bad cluster but still ,,,, .

any body have a good dump ?

cj