PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Site for the Starview 4 usb

Shinzon
17th September, 2008, 05:17 PM

I just got the Starview 4 today and didn't know where to start. I've been using the Starview 2 so I was a little behind but i got everything i needed here.

ezop
19th September, 2008, 04:05 PM
cool thanks

Devilfish
19th September, 2008, 04:21 PM
All up-to-date Starview firmware and guides can be found on this site.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-starview-23/)

ezop
19th September, 2008, 04:30 PM
:) even better then

g_cheema
19th September, 2008, 05:00 PM
does anyone know of a good place to purchase the starview usb box and what sort of price they are?

cactikid
20th September, 2008, 11:43 PM
does anyone know of a good place to purchase the starview usb box and what sort of price they are?

price ?115 if u are in irl on c****s it wont work as the new firmware fixes the n*l problem in irl,small teething problems as usual with starview.:eek:

valleyman
21st September, 2008, 09:10 AM
Downloaded latest firmware off site. Are there guides you should be able to read I get a file that when you try open just gives me a page of symbols can anyone help newbie to anything techno

Thanks

deanster147
10th October, 2008, 11:30 PM
Anyone got this working properly yet?

satsmo
11th October, 2008, 12:24 AM
Yes, are you having problems?

tony_i
15th October, 2008, 01:45 PM
All up-to-date Starview firmware and guides can be found on this site.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-starview-23/)

The download page isn't working at the moment. :(

(By that I mean the download file itself.)

tony_i
15th October, 2008, 07:21 PM
The download page isn't working at the moment. :(

(By that I mean the download file itself.)

Now working again. Thanks. :lollypop:

routermad
17th October, 2008, 11:50 AM
hi, im tempted to buy one. is it easy to setup. i'm newbie :turtle:

tony_i
17th October, 2008, 12:04 PM
hi, im tempted to buy one. is it easy to setup. i'm newbie :turtle:

Very newbie here too.
Have the box, cable being fitted tomorrow.

Anyone know if there's a really basic idiot's guide out there?

I've tried to load the software from the USB with the box connected by scart to the TV but can't get the TV to pick up anything from the box.
This normal?

Thanks.

satsmo
17th October, 2008, 12:41 PM
Better waiting until you have your cable installed first. But cant see a reason why you cant even see the boot screen, make sure you have it in the correct scart socket.

There is a basic guide that comes with the firmware you have downloaded, have a look at the readme text file.

tony_i
17th October, 2008, 01:38 PM
Better waiting until you have your cable installed first. But cant see a reason why you cant even see the boot screen, make sure you have it in the correct scart socket.

There is a basic guide that comes with the firmware you have downloaded, have a look at the readme text file.

Thanks for the reply.

The guide seems to start from after the software has been installed via the USB. I'll wait until the cable is installed anyway and have a proper play with it then.

Thanks again.

tony_i
17th October, 2008, 01:47 PM

Actually, just had another quick look and managed to get the software installed.

Guess what - wrong scart. :embarassed:

Here we go....

Cheers.

mcgeoff
20th October, 2008, 03:42 PM
Any help setting up external HDD

satsmo
20th October, 2008, 03:53 PM
What size/model type is it and is it USB powered or external power?

mcgeoff
22nd October, 2008, 02:40 PM
Western Digital 250gig and external power

satsmo
22nd October, 2008, 02:56 PM
Whats your problem with it. After you plugged it into the SV4, did you press HDD on the remote and format the drive?

mcgeoff
22nd October, 2008, 04:38 PM
Many thanks for info setup and working fine :celticscarf:

slapshot
18th November, 2008, 10:17 AM
I received my SV4 yesterday. Setup was very easy and all is working fine. When recording a channel is is posible to then view that recording on the drive connected to a PC?

slapshot
18th November, 2008, 10:21 AM
I received my SV4 yesterday. Setup was very easy and all is working fine. When recording a channel is is posible to then view that recording on the drive connected to a PC?

^ ignore my question. I've found the answer.

thewizardofodds
21st November, 2008, 11:26 PM
^ ignore my question. I've found the answer.

what was the answer?

thewizardofodds
21st November, 2008, 11:49 PM
what was the answer?

ok went and tried it myself and answer is yes

P4DDY
22nd November, 2008, 12:16 AM
Hi to you all came across this site whlie looking for some information on starview codes / latest firmware...been inputting the codes for a while now & i just wondered what is the latest firmware so the starview box will up date itself i have this box about 3 yrs so i sure its a starview box 1 & not a clone CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE?

thewizardofodds
22nd November, 2008, 01:57 AM
this is the starview 4 thread mate.
use the search

crazier
2nd December, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hello I got my Starview 4 the other week and wanted to put it upstairs and leave my normal cable box downstairs i pay for the middle package and use my starview to get the othwer channels the problem was tracing a wire round the house from one box to the other but it did it i came up with the most unreal solution i went to mapplins and bought a video sender/recevier put the scart from the sender in the one downstairs on the one i bought as a normal ariel and a scart on the receiver so put it in the ariel in socket on my starview box scanned and woowoowoo it worked no need for the cableing all around the house yipee the (then basterds scrambled the signal) lol.

jaaz
17th December, 2008, 02:41 PM
it would seem that this box brings a challenge and is not of this time ..is there a file version ;1.01 and a logo file to go with? request HELP

chunder
17th December, 2008, 05:51 PM
Hello I got my Starview 4 the other week and wanted to put it upstairs and leave my normal cable box downstairs i pay for the middle package and use my starview to get the othwer channels the problem was tracing a wire round the house from one box to the other but it did it i came up with the most unreal solution i went to mapplins and bought a video sender/recevier put the scart from the sender in the one downstairs on the one i bought as a normal ariel and a scart on the receiver so put it in the ariel in socket on my starview box scanned and woowoowoo it worked no need for the cableing all around the house yipee the (then basterds scrambled the signal) lol.

crazier, what do you mean "the one i bought as a normal ariel" ? I would like to try your plan but will I need to have a separate aerial upstairs for the Starview box? I am assuming the signal to the Starview will be wireless via the Maplins kit?

Johnnykay
18th December, 2008, 08:49 PM
Just trying to install SV4, and have no idea where to start....is it by downloading the file to a usb key??

bigfella
19th December, 2008, 03:30 AM
johnie wat u need to do is ,, goto downloads section on this site and downlown lastest firmware for ur box onto a usb stick either 1.05 or 1.06 ..put stick into back of ur box ...let it down load ...goto menu.goto usb on menu .click filewith remote and click it...goto installation.. auto update..pick the cable supplier in ur area with the remote and do a auto scan wait.......till finished....goto menu..open secret cas menu by puttin1570 on remote then turnin emu on ..then pressin default key then exit 3 times to sky sports .wait for update and everything shud work ......hope this helps ..bigfella

Johnnykay
22nd December, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hi thanks for your help.....that much works. But still when I run an automatic scan it isnt picking up ne channels....dont know what to do. Ne idea's....please really frustrating me...thanks

gav160
11th February, 2009, 07:17 PM
thx to this site i have an idea wat to do, wud have been clueless
thx guys

qpruleok
16th February, 2009, 04:39 PM
Have to agree, just purchased a new starview 4 box. Just joined digital-kaos too and is great with all the help you folk give out especially on the starview 4 box I have just purchased thanks to everyone who posts helpful information

bladerunner1
16th February, 2009, 04:44 PM
thank you for this

uktrader
17th February, 2009, 01:28 PM
hi where do i get files for the starview box

satsmo
17th February, 2009, 01:38 PM
Look at the red stickies at the top of this section.

407coupe
17th February, 2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks to all on here - still on SV1 (oldie) but want SV4 USB - so much information
Well done and thanks..

freeway7
20th March, 2009, 07:02 PM
i'm using s.v.4 at the moment, 10/10, you can record onto usb stick or hd, box will format, you can then use convert x to put on dvd disc.

kevjconroy
2nd April, 2009, 06:11 PM
I joined but still can't download! Any reason for this or does it just take time

Bulld0g
2nd April, 2009, 06:13 PM
Takes about 15-20 minutes.

undercoverjamil
9th April, 2009, 11:25 AM
how do u get the channels like cartoon network and sky 1 to work

undercoverjamil
9th April, 2009, 11:45 AM
done it. Just needed to buy another box my one was faulty. That is ?220 spent on one good box and one faulty one.

trooper1
9th April, 2009, 09:04 PM
done it. Just needed to buy another box my one was faulty. That is ?220 spent on one good box and one faulty one.

Is this fault a common one as I have just purchased 4 boxes.

khenryashley
9th April, 2009, 09:50 PM
Is this fault a common one as I have just purchased 4 boxes.

I would not worry mate.
The majority of boxes bought from a reputable outlet will be fine.

alking26
5th July, 2009, 04:05 PM
im have ing trouble with starview 4 box carnt get in to secret menu and wen i try and down load the firm were its says you do u not have permission can any body help please

khenryashley
5th July, 2009, 07:02 PM
im have ing trouble with starview 4 box carnt get in to secret menu and wen i try and down load the firm were its says you do u not have permission can any body help please

You will be able to download the firmware after your first post(about 30 mins)
You will need to download the firmware and load it onto your box.
Then we can get you into the secret menu.
Why not introduce yourself first and we will give you the help you need.

nealefred
6th July, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hey Guys Im thinking of getting the starview 4 but don't have a clue about how to download firmware etc. ANyone got some goos general advice, user manuals etc for me?

khenryashley
6th July, 2009, 02:45 PM
Hey Guys Im thinking of getting the starview 4 but don't have a clue about how to download firmware etc. ANyone got some goos general advice, user manuals etc for me?

You will find the firmware in the red sticky's at the top of the page and in the download section you will find instructions.

sugarmonkey
6th July, 2009, 03:20 PM
hi does any1 know where i can get a list of channels on the starview 4, i have most of them but looking skysportsitalia and the golf channel if they are available. gratis

mtv1
6th July, 2009, 03:23 PM
no m8 you can only receive what your provider is supplying are you missing channels then rescan lol

sugarmonkey
6th July, 2009, 03:24 PM
no worries, thanks

paddy_moylan
23rd July, 2009, 11:49 PM
Hi, im new to this hope some one can help me. I have ntl/virgin and i pay for the full package so i bought a star view 4 box super usb its version 1.03 when i install the channels some have a $ be side them and i cant watch them even though i have a full package which i pay for. Also i cant access the secret menu.

ayrtonsenna
24th July, 2009, 12:05 AM
to access the secret menu you press the menu button then press 1570.

martin-f
24th July, 2009, 03:18 AM
Hi, im new to this hope some one can help me. I have ntl/virgin and i pay for the full package so i bought a star view 4 box super usb its version 1.03 when i install the channels some have a $ be side them and i cant watch them even though i have a full package which i pay for. Also i cant access the secret menu.

you will need to update your fimware m8
and you will have to check your box is gen or clone as wrong f/w will kill your box

info for setting the box up can be found here

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/)

hope this helps

lalas
27th July, 2009, 04:29 PM
hi there
anyone tried to record on the usb stick or external drive from a star view super usb. I tried everything but when i start recording everything slows down, the tv slows down to 4 or 5 FPS, its like slow motion.

thanks

kingcldrec
28th July, 2009, 04:05 PM
thanks alot!!!!

ballykinard
4th August, 2009, 04:04 PM
top notch guide martin-f, cheers

stevines
5th August, 2009, 12:32 PM
just got starview 4 wear do i go from here to get all my channels working

chelsea4906
5th August, 2009, 01:43 PM
can anyone tell me where i can get the software for the starview 4 usb please

indian prince
17th August, 2009, 09:25 AM
HI Guys,

I am a newbie to all this, thinking of buy a starview 4 box, however do not know where to start, any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

ish2009
23rd August, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post. Just wanna say thanks in advance for all info available on the starview 4 usb box. I've just purchased a box and should be expecting it in a couple of days. I'm sure you guys will be willing to help if i come across any problem.

Ish

dk002
24th August, 2009, 01:47 AM
you will get all the help you need here mate

Mobi
24th August, 2009, 11:22 AM
can anyone tell me which is the best digivox xl usb or eurovox ex1000 sl:hmmmm2:

khenryashley
24th August, 2009, 11:51 AM
Hi all,

This is my first post. Just wanna say thanks in advance for all info available on the starview 4 usb box. I've just purchased a box and should be expecting it in a couple of days. I'm sure you guys will be willing to help if i come across any problem.

Ish
No problem m8. just start a new thread and ask the question. Have a read of the starview forum and you will find everything you need.

nealesh
27th August, 2009, 10:12 PM
can anyone tell me which is the best digivox xl usb or eurovox ex1000 sl:hmmmm2:
I would be interested to know which one is better also??

alex21008
28th August, 2009, 12:02 PM
Hi all, I'd also like to know which one is better? especially for picture quality.

Thanks

boomer39
28th August, 2009, 04:19 PM
fraid its like buying a car.. personal choice. i use s/vs but never used any other. but would stay with them. but i'm sure if i had a eurovox i would stay with what i am comfortable with.

mannfury
28th August, 2009, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Shinzon;43356]***********

I just got the Starview 4 today and didn't know where to start. I've been using the Starview 2 so I was a little behind but i got everything i needed here.[/QUOTE

Hi guys new to the site ....need help with setting up the s4 I am used to the old starview 1!!!!

Lucky me....need help though have flashed it with v 1.05...could there be something wrong with the file???

Cheers

khenryashley
28th August, 2009, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Shinzon;43356]***********

I just got the Starview 4 today and didn't know where to start. I've been using the Starview 2 so I was a little behind but i got everything i needed here.[/QUOTE

Hi guys new to the site ....need help with setting up the s4 I am used to the old starview 1!!!!

Lucky me....need help though have flashed it with v 1.05...could there be something wrong with the file???

Cheers

Do you live in the uk

catfeeley
28th August, 2009, 06:35 PM
im lly stuck, just bought starview 4 usb but only got a few channels can any1 help

danni200988
29th August, 2009, 12:38 PM
Very newbie here too.
Have the box, cable being fitted tomorrow.

Anyone know if there's a really basic idiot's guide out there?

I've tried to load the software from the USB with the box connected by scart to the TV but can't get the TV to pick up anything from the box.
This normal?

Thanks.

I keep recieving the dollar signs and the usb download says no file

kaziz
2nd September, 2009, 10:37 AM
Hi,

About to buy a SV4 but someone has told me I might be better off going for a Digivox XL USB?

I'm kind of new to this so a little unsure, are there any benefits of one over the other? One thing I've been told is the Digivox hasn't been cloned so I'm sure to get an original box?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Kaziz

thehibby
2nd September, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hi Guys,

Just boght my starview 4 usb and looking forward to getting it working, anyway thanks to everyone for there hard work with these

Cheers
Al

s_hunter1984
14th September, 2009, 09:40 PM
Ive Just bought a Starview 4 and found this site the best for help and support

meatjig
24th September, 2009, 09:30 AM
Hi guys my first post, great site with some fantastic info.
just got 1 question , im getting a starview 4 this weekend and just wondered if the digital switchover will affect it in any way when it happens ? .My region switches in the next month or two so just wondering if it will still work etc.

boomer39
24th September, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hi guys my first post, great site with some fantastic info.
just got 1 question , im getting a starview 4 this weekend and just wondered if the digital switchover will affect it in any way when it happens ? .My region switches in the next month or two so just wondering if it will still work etc.
no mate, so long as you have a live cable feed that is, svs etc only work on cable, which is already digital.

meatjig
24th September, 2009, 12:18 PM
thanks for the reply m8y, i have a live feed so i guess i'll be ok. :)

gerald5445
24th September, 2009, 06:15 PM
is it possible to link starview 4 usb box to virgin v box?

khenryashley
24th September, 2009, 07:17 PM
is it possible to link starview 4 usb box to virgin v box?

For what reason ?

gerald5445
26th September, 2009, 09:36 PM
2 record:celticparty: v box hard drive ta 4 your reply m8

boomer39
26th September, 2009, 10:02 PM
i have legit box to 2 other boxes, so yes you can....

gerald5445
26th September, 2009, 11:48 PM
waste of time nag3 next month shame :creep:just spent 82bucks ebxy :egg:got s,view usb box great thanks to all

meatjig
27th September, 2009, 09:58 AM
waste of time nag3 next month shame :creep:

how do you know that?

boomer39
27th September, 2009, 04:39 PM
waste of time nag3 next month shame :creep:just spent 82bucks ebxy :egg:got s,view usb box great thanks to all
are you in eire? if so you should have gone to specsavers!!

gerald5445
28th September, 2009, 10:02 PM
what with freeview boxes getting retuned and according 2 another audio site there saying nag3 in nov i do hope i am wrong :manuflag:

laffaklad
5th October, 2009, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know the procedure for upgrading the firemware? I have a starview 5 but assume that it will be the same for upgrading a starview 4.

Is there anyway to check that the firmware you have downloaded isn't corrupt as I'm worried about bricking my box?

aqua
27th February, 2010, 07:31 PM
hi,newbie here,when i put memory stick in the back of the box and download the info does it empty the memory stick of the download .cheers.

cactikid
27th February, 2010, 08:21 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Plain Text File SV5 Tut (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/plain-text-file-sv5-tut-1106/)
no it just copies to box.

smiga10
14th March, 2010, 10:54 PM
can anyone tell me how to setup starview 4 box up please

smiga10
14th March, 2010, 11:02 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Plain Text File SV5 Tut (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/plain-text-file-sv5-tut-1106/)
no it just copies to box.
hi mate can you tell me how to set my box up please

mark8393
14th March, 2010, 11:14 PM
hi mate can you tell me how to set my box up please

its the same for sv4, just read the sv5 link, but use v1.12 firmware for yours, this is in red at top of starview section.

miche1111
11th September, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hi Guys, I have been having problems trying to get my channels back for a few days, i have been reading lots of threads from here trying to get information, but nothings working. I have the box super usb. I cannot seem to download the firmware as it says 'file has been removed'. Is anyone else having this problem? can someone help? thanks

boomer39
12th September, 2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Guys, I have been having problems trying to get my channels back for a few days, i have been reading lots of threads from here trying to get information, but nothings working. I have the box super usb. I cannot seem to download the firmware as it says 'file has been removed'. Is anyone else having this problem? can someone help? thanks
dont bother.... nag3 has bitten....

alan11uk
24th September, 2010, 01:45 AM
il give it a try im in n3