PDA

View Full Version : unable to change channels on EX1000SL

burnsyboy
26th December, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hi All,

I have powered up my EX1000Sl for the first time un 6 weeks and I cannot change channels. I replaced the batteries in the remote and then looked at the LED on the remote with my camera on my phone and you can see the led flash which sort of tells me the remote is functional. Any help or information would be great.

Thanks,

Graeme

alex123
26th December, 2009, 06:32 PM
you have a faulty remote sensor on box its part of PSU comman problem normally dry joint but ask supplier first if you can void warranty by opening
alex

burnsyboy
2nd January, 2010, 09:21 PM
Hi alex123

I waired for 2 weeks supplier ignoring me surprise surprise

I opened the box and could not see ant dry joints in the psu board i resoldered the IR receiver but it made no difference,

Regards,
Graeme

telecom69
3rd January, 2010, 02:26 AM
Can you change the channels by using the buttons on the box itself ? there is another possibility that sometimes happens inside the remote and that is a button gets stuck down,to fix that you have to open the remote and remove the rubber pad inside,putting it back again usually frees up any stuck buttons,its a bit fiddly but when all else has failed its worth a try ...trying a different remote would be better of course ...

burnsyboy
3rd January, 2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the responce i opened the remote and checked it . There ar no buttons on the box itsself so i cannot manualy change channels

TomTit
6th January, 2010, 04:21 AM
Hi All,

I have powered up my EX1000Sl for the first time un 6 weeks and I cannot change channels. I replaced the batteries in the remote and then looked at the LED on the remote with my camera on my phone and you can see the led flash which sort of tells me the remote is functional. Any help or information would be great.

Thanks,

Graeme

you have a cloned box and thats whats stopped it operating from rc, u need to jtag it.