PDA

View Full Version : dream up not working

yamar1
17th September, 2008, 08:27 PM
Hi to all, iv recently got an openmedia box and am trying to get it going with dreamup, im told all d500 software works with these does that include dreamup?, i need to get an image on it as its not working on cable side (when i plug it in image doesent load), cant access fxp as boot loader doesent start. the sat side works fine. when i run dreamup it says connection prepared, now switch on dreambox but when i plug it in, nothing happens. Is there another program i can use or should dreamup work?:hmmmm2:

Devilfish
17th September, 2008, 09:13 PM
Do you have another box that you can test your setup with, i.e. flash an image using dreamup.

Have you used the null modem cable before, do you know it works ok?

Chances are if it's new it might be a serial cable or rs232 cable. These look the same as a null modem cable but the pinout is different and those 2 cables don't work, it needs to be a null modem cable.

You can get them on ebay for ?2.

yamar1
17th September, 2008, 09:25 PM
the cable works ok on others, just thinking is dreamup compatable with my box, is there any other way to load an image other than dreamup or has anyone used it on one of these boxes?

Devilfish
17th September, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yes dreamup will work with the open media, I have personally done it several times.

You can flash an image other ways but if the box doesn't fully boot up then you need to use dreamup.

Maybe flash an image to the sat side and see if that works.

yamar1
18th September, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yes dreamup will work with the open media, I have personally done it several times.

You can flash an image other ways but if the box doesn't fully boot up then you need to use dreamup.

Maybe flash an image to the sat side and see if that works.

wont connect via null modem on sat side either, although connects ok via earthnet port. the null modem connects to a dbox ok just not on this one, im using a usb serial adaptor and its set up to correct port still nothing.

Devilfish
18th September, 2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe the ribbon cable on the inside of the box is disconnected from the main board, open it up and have a look.

Also send an email to the seller informing them of your problem, they might take it back and replace it.

yamar1
19th September, 2008, 08:27 PM
dont want to void the warranty by opening it, iv been told by supplyer to find a computer with a built in 9 pin serial port and try it on there if no joy there send he said send it bk. so cant complain there good customer service, just out of curiosity have you managed to flash one using a usb-serial converter?, like i said mine works fine on dbox.

yamar1
22nd September, 2008, 06:27 PM
just an update, openmedia up and running again!, turns out the usb-serial adaptor wont work for me on this although works on my dbox this way, anyway since been flashed on a freinds computer using dreamup and built in serial port and worked 1st time. (one for the notebook!!) so iv ordered a serial port card to go in my moterboard (?5 ebay) and a happy ending. thanks for the help.