PDA

View Full Version : Checksum Error -> Checksum Corrected with WinOLS -> How to find Stage1 file

Solarisis
9th August, 2019, 10:16 AM
Dear people,

I tried to read the ECU of my Alfa Romeo MiTO 1.3 (MJ8DF) with Kess v2 5.017 2.47 (clone) for multiple times. Each time I got a 'checksum error' after trying to save the ECU file. I read about it, a LOT, and tried to (re)install Windows 7 32 and 64 bit, Windows 10, including all C++ packages required. Unfortunately, I still got checksum errors. From another user I received the Kess v2 2.47 executable with 'Checksum Correction Disabled'. However I still got a checksum error.

I read the file with WinOLS. It recognized the ECU file and proposed a Automatic Checksum Correction and a Patch Block, which I applied.

I am in the possession of two (same car, same ECU, same SW version) Stage1 files, however, they have a different Checksum.

I would be very grateful if someone could answer the following questions:
- Is my Patched ECU file healthy (even though I got several checksum errors)?
- How can I apply the Stage1-part in my Patched ECU File?
- Is someone able to provide me with the correct Stage1 file for my ECU?

Information:
Alfa Romeo MiTO 1.3 16v JTDM ECO Start&Stop
84 HP
Marelli MJ8DF

EGS
9th August, 2019, 11:05 AM
the files have the same number hw and sw but have different lengths. The one read with serial kess, should be a complete read. If I'm not mistaken, the programmer himself allows you to separate the read files and get the flash to modify.

Solarisis
11th August, 2019, 06:56 PM
Thanks EGS!

Is it possible to make a Stage1 file from this serial read? Or do I have to split it first?

Thanks!

kennfeld
12th August, 2019, 06:16 PM
was it winols 4.XX or loosols 2.24 ?

Solarisis
12th August, 2019, 06:21 PM
The latter