PDA

View Full Version : dreambox or dbox2

th1nl1zzy
17th September, 2008, 11:14 PM
As I am new to all this which would be the easiet for me to work with a dreambox or dbox2 on satellite

Devilfish
17th September, 2008, 11:16 PM
Definitely a dreambox, dm500s, dm600s, dm7000s or dm7020s would be the easiest to work with.

The technomate receivers are also easy to use and very user friendly.

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th September, 2008, 04:06 AM
I dont know much about the two subject receivers but what i do know is that they are both difficult to use especially if your new to satellites. Many people find technomate receivers easiest to use as they are very basic and simple.
Good luck on your purchase.

peco
26th September, 2008, 07:37 PM
Do these satellite boxes do the same job as a DBox does for cable in that all you need is the box and the cable?

Or box and the dish? No Subscrption required?

aftermath
26th September, 2008, 07:52 PM
a cable box is easier as they update themselves.

a sat box needs you to ftp files across on a regular basis.

26th September, 2008, 10:06 PM
On satellite not everything is decrypted as easy as that on cable. The whole sky of satellites viewable from the uk holds approximately 15000 encrypted channels and decryption comes in different levels in the sat world. Some channels can be viewed with softcams whilst others need cams, programmed cards and even the internet to decrypt.

peco
27th September, 2008, 02:40 PM
Ahh I see.. Will any channels be recieveable on one of these wall sockets which clearly has a sat output on it with a standard old Grundig sky box?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4669/image112mo8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Edit: I should add this will be an old satellite digital box but without a card or subscrption..

peco
28th September, 2008, 12:52 PM
Can anyone tell me if the box will work without a card?

aftermath
28th September, 2008, 01:49 PM
Can anyone tell me if the box will work without a card?

yes it will

28th September, 2008, 04:17 PM
The dish which there is a link to is 28.2 i take it. On this sat you can watch freesat or use your old sky box buy a 20pound card and watch freesat and a few more channels like setanta news.

peco
29th September, 2008, 12:48 PM
Having been getting "no satellite signal found" messages I decided to take the decombiner (triplex) plate off the wall just to check it and found that one of the cables wasn't even attached properly. Not sure which cable but I reattached it.

I then plugged the digital satellite box in and got some limited channels too. Sweet!!

Now I'll have a look into the free sat card you speak of. Thanks.

peco
29th September, 2008, 10:44 PM
The dish which there is a link to is 28.2 i take it. On this sat you can watch freesat or use your old sky box buy a 20pound card and watch freesat and a few more channels like setanta news.

Can you tell me if I run a sky digital box from the sky dish, but without a freesat or any other kind of sky card, will I get the same channels as I would running a freeview box off a standard aerial or would I get more or less?

mmavros
29th September, 2008, 11:51 PM
i just got my new db800 hd and its great

30th September, 2008, 12:05 AM
Its a mix. Freeview have channels like skysports news, five, five us, sky three and a few more but freesat dont have these. However freesat do have more channels but im unsure what they are but they are general channels. These include regional channels, and religious channels.
Regards Sadiq.

peco
30th September, 2008, 05:47 PM
Its a mix. Freeview have channels like skysports news, five, five us, sky three and a few more but freesat dont have these. However freesat do have more channels but im unsure what they are but they are general channels. These include regional channels, and religious channels.
Regards Sadiq.

And what about Sky channels without Freesat and without a subscription?

krazylegz
30th September, 2008, 11:57 PM
you will not get very many i'm afraid m8, no channel 4 or 5 even as these are encrypted to stop them being viewed outside the uk.

1st October, 2008, 12:41 AM
Channel 4 should work. It is fta now on a permemant basis.

peco
1st October, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah channel 5 doesn't work. I went through the first list of 500 hundred channels and found about 200 working. Only got another 700 channels to check, hehe. Shame I can't add them all to favourites as the limit is 50 on this digi box.

Granted a lot of the channels are shite but at least I got a few more than normal freeview.

Might get one of those freesat cards.