PDA

View Full Version : Removing needle on E38/E39/E53 cluster tips

MasterCodein
14th August, 2019, 10:49 PM
Hello guy I bought 4 of thoses instrument cluster trying to practice to remove the stepper motor without damaging the earspring around the shaft... I do not success on all stepper motor, I tried with hemostat all kind of needle plier no constant success... Any tips or advise to do the process? Any special tool I should get? I think should lay down flat your the earsping... Also do someone know where we can find those spring or it's not possible to be find?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190814/26fb0770ce0b67cb3fae22737d431a8c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

evss
14th August, 2019, 11:27 PM
used to modify watch springs in early days now if i have to remove them i use some cheap micro side cutters , that i have ground flatter with a grinder to grip the shaftreally tight. sometimes there a white plastic lug in the way but providing its not holding the sprin just snip it off.
i find being over confident works if your timid it will go wrong :)

evss
14th August, 2019, 11:29 PM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Durable-Electrical-Wire-Cable-Cutter-Cutting-Side-Snips-Flush-Plier-Nipper-Tool/192063732013?hash=item2cb7e3f92d:g:0UIAAOSwEwNcdgq O

MasterCodein
14th August, 2019, 11:30 PM
Yes need to be confident at a time, will try your truck with the other cluster I still have untouch

evss
14th August, 2019, 11:34 PM
you have to have the shaft really tight almost you thing you will cut it,also if you warm the pointer up slightly it may help once you here it sqeak as you move the pointer you know you winning

MasterCodein
15th August, 2019, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the tips i will try your recommandation and will update there my result

MasterCodein
10th September, 2019, 01:21 AM
Thank you evss after cutting a piece of the white plastic that doesnt have a red mark I was able to access the shaft and hear the squirt... I can now access the front board with any damage to the stepper motor. :-)

vrsc
10th September, 2019, 10:20 PM
We've all been paying apprentice tuition until it worked, but now there are many devices that work well without removing the needles. I would recommend them.

MasterCodein
10th September, 2019, 10:22 PM
Yes of course, thank you