PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE can someone spend a few minutes helping me out

g1pne
27th December, 2009, 11:51 AM
ok im totaly stuck ive no clue whats going on so i would really appreciate someone explain to me step by step what to do.

Basicly i have a eurovox ex7000 hd+ with scrambled channels.
can you tell me what i do after downloading the firmware save? and then what ? unzip please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

chic.
27th December, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hi m8 double klick on the files and see what thay are could be the firmware if that is the case then do this, when you have downloaded the firmware click to open it, and rename the flash , flash.tbn, put this onto your memory pen then into the back of the box , switch the box off/on with the switch at the back , the box will then reboot ,on the led on the front of the box it should say now booting , open flash , extracting flash then count up from 0 to 100 then reboot , you may have to do a deep scan using the symbol rate for your area 6887 or 6952. second time today i have posted this thank god for copy and paste.

alex123
27th December, 2009, 12:44 PM
ok im totaly stuck ive no clue whats going on so i would really appreciate someone explain to me step by step what to do.

Basicly i have a eurovox ex7000 hd+ with scrambled channels.
box was brought from my cable box.com it did come with a USB pen which has some files on it not sure why? should i delete these before adding the firmware?

can you tell me what i do after downloading the firmware save? and then what ? unzip please tell me how to do this?

Thanks
you should edit your post and remove the bit about the pen you got with files on if they were daft enough to send you files then its worse you have posted that for all to read
alex

g1pne
27th December, 2009, 04:13 PM
you should edit your post and remove the bit about the pen you got with files on if they were daft enough to send you files then its worse you have posted that for all to read
alex

I dont understand what you trying to say????

Curious123
27th December, 2009, 04:16 PM
I dont understand what you trying to say????

People who sold you the box should not have given you the files as that is illegal. It is legal to own this equipment but it is illegal to connect this equipment to a cable company's network for the purposes of recieving channels that you have not subscribed.

gmb45
27th December, 2009, 04:24 PM
lot of it about m8, my first 2 came ready to go, even saw a bloke openly "sorting em" @ a pooter fair, and charging ?20 for it

g1pne
27th December, 2009, 04:29 PM
People who sold you the box should not have given you the files as that is illegal. It is legal to own this equipment but it is illegal to connect this equipment to a cable company's network for the purposes of recieving channels that you have not subscribed.

yes im with you now, however the file son the USB are NOT firmware, as even after entering it in the chanles are still scrambled .

Now back to help ive just downloaded the winrar to unzip file do i use there tool that says extract?

alex123
27th December, 2009, 06:45 PM
lot of it about m8, my first 2 came ready to go, even saw a bloke openly "sorting em" @ a pooter fair, and charging ?20 for it
been there done that but things have changed in the last 12 months

smoggy
27th December, 2009, 07:58 PM
when you download the file it will probably be in .rar format
you need to extract the file using a program like winrar
once you have extracted the file change its name to flash.bin
put this file on to your pen and then follow the instructions given by chic in post 2 of this thread