PDA

View Full Version : EDC15VP car not starting with mapped file?

Pinguxo
20th August, 2019, 09:50 AM
Greetings!

First post here I think!

So a friend of mine bought a mpps V18, read his ECU and then sent it to me for reflash, I mapped the file, sent it to him, he wrote the file and the car didnt start, he then wrote the original file and the car started normally.

The car is a Skoda Fabia 1.9PD 130.

This usually is a checksum problem right? Whats stranger is that winols says checksum is correct and I've tried at the moment with my MPPS V18 checksum function and it also says no corrections made.

What could be the problem?
Is it because its a 512KB file instead of being 1MB (cant see that being a problem unless MPPS writes wrongly with that file size)?
I've attached both files, original and mapped.

Cheers!

kostrz3
20th August, 2019, 10:17 AM
Greetings!

First post here I think!

So a friend of mine bought a mpps V18, read his ECU and then sent it to me for reflash, I mapped the file, sent it to him, he wrote the file and the car didnt start, he then wrote the original file and the car started normally.

The car is a Skoda Fabia 1.9PD 130.

This usually is a checksum problem right? Whats stranger is that winols says checksum is correct and I've tried at the moment with my MPPS V18 checksum function and it also says no corrections made.

What could be the problem?
Is it because its a 512KB file instead of being 1MB (cant see that being a problem unless MPPS writes wrongly with that file size)?
I've attached both files, original and mapped.

Cheers!

write this file

pass in pm for free

Pinguxo
20th August, 2019, 10:23 AM
What did you change so I can understand what I did wrong?
cheers

kostrz3
20th August, 2019, 10:34 AM
compare two file in winols

Pinguxo
20th August, 2019, 10:44 AM
I did, its just a matter of different values in the remapping, that shoud not be the problem =/
Engine would work better or worse but SHOULD work :P and its not starting.
I've asked him for the full read file (1MB), all EDC15 i've mapped untill today were 1MB sized and never had a problem, first time I map one 512kb the car wont start, maybe its that? :hmmmm2:

a500tut
20th August, 2019, 02:27 PM
No, the size is not appropriate here, size depends on the capacity of the memory chip.

rfernandes
20th August, 2019, 05:23 PM
Write with mpps?or other tool?