it has twin tuners
would i need to flash it if i bought one new
cheers

kirit
17th October, 2008, 02:07 PM
i thought starview make that box and i didnt know it had twin tuners

squirreluk
26th October, 2008, 05:18 PM
yes it does have twin tuners and yes you would need to flash the box. The file you would need is in the download section dated October 2007

mickqc
26th October, 2008, 07:21 PM
i think your right it is made by starview
has anybody got any views on it whether its good or bad

satsmo
26th October, 2008, 08:33 PM
Good in a sense that its the cheapest dual tuner PVR you can get. Bad points are the firmware is Beta and quiet buugy. The box has now been discontinued due to its problems. Which are more hardware related.

Although some people are happy with them. Good value even if its not 100%.

xant14
13th December, 2008, 09:34 AM
i think your right it is made by starview
has anybody got any views on it whether its good or bad

As a cablebox I think it is quite good. As a PVR I think it is terrible. I have had problems with recording side of it from day one, as a result I NEVER use it for recording. I have had mine just over a year and it has only just 'gone down' with the key rollings. The image quality and sound I find very good. channel change is fast, EPG is not the best, but I use digiguide to find my programmes in advance.
I have a Toppy (Topfield) FTA PVR box and it is EXCELLENT.. I was expecting this to show similar qualities, but IMO it sadly fails.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif
Rob

dell_xps
13th December, 2008, 11:06 AM
As a cablebox I think it is quite good. As a PVR I think it is terrible. I have had problems with recording side of it from day one, as a result I NEVER use it for recording. I have had mine just over a year and it has only just 'gone down' with the key rollings. The image quality and sound I find very good. channel change is fast, EPG is not the best, but I use digiguide to find my programmes in advance.
I have a Toppy (Topfield) FTA PVR box and it is EXCELLENT.. I was expecting this to show similar qualities, but IMO it sadly fails.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif
Rob

If you have EPG problems select the epg channel, let it update through that, very quick and some people report anything from a few days epg to a full week.
HTH

xant14
17th December, 2008, 08:41 AM
If you have EPG problems select the epg channel, let it update through that, very quick and some people report anything from a few days epg to a full week.
HTH

Thanks mate, I didnt realise there was an EPG channel. Any idea where it is? I have not seen one on Vm.

xant14
17th December, 2008, 08:57 AM
I think I have found it, pvr epg. I shoulda checked before I loaded the page, but yeah it seems to have populated a little more than usual, about 3 full days at the mo. I will check it out at other times.
thanks