PDA

View Full Version : VW Sharan EDC17c46 help please!

AndrewStone
25th August, 2019, 08:57 AM
Hi guys need really help have big problem with EDC17C46, read ecu with ktag, all ok, write back a remaped file, car won’t start, no diag also fan is working, next made chk sum Calc, wrote back, also no luck. When I upload a full restore from ktag, same problem car won’t start and no diag! Checked also another flash files all same, ecu is writing and reading in boot mode, but not working on car! Maybe someone can help me!

sdtsedat
25th August, 2019, 09:04 AM
If you write ori, car starts?

AndrewStone
25th August, 2019, 09:05 AM
If you write ori, car starts?
Nope, write back full stock no, not starting fans on

sdtsedat
25th August, 2019, 09:06 AM
If you write full backup original, you have communication over obd?

AndrewStone
25th August, 2019, 09:07 AM
If you write full backup original, you have communication over obd?
Also no, no diag !

sdtsedat
25th August, 2019, 09:11 AM
Sorry for saying it, but your MCU is damaged.. I had same sitation from edc17C50 ecu, car is still here sleeping....
What you need to do:

Search 2nd ecu with SAME hw and SW,

Write full backup on that ecu, try to start, if not start, make immo off, then you can write SGO/FRF (with immo on you cannot do)
Or:

You can adapt ecu with Abrites or odis.

AndrewStone
25th August, 2019, 09:17 AM
Sorry for saying it, but your MCU is damaged.. I had same sitation from edc17C50 ecu, car is still here sleeping....
What you need to do:

Search 2nd ecu with SAME hw and SW,

Write full backup on that ecu, try to start, if not start, make immo off, then you can write SGO/FRF (with immo on you cannot do)
Or:

You can adapt ecu with Abrites or odis.

i have odis Online this is no problem to adaptation, but why ecu is dead, I did nothing to ecu! Only read and write that all!

joker01
25th August, 2019, 10:34 AM
it may have been damaged during opening .... check pcb well. you put it back in the car and tried it after opening ???

Happy786786
25th August, 2019, 12:09 PM
Try updating frf file with X17 obd first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowerPlus
25th August, 2019, 12:41 PM
if after odis update not work
you damaged ecu during opening !
your fail!

AndrewStone
25th August, 2019, 03:47 PM
if after odis update not work
you damaged ecu during opening !
your fail!
I’m opened a many those Ecus, and this one first, but if no diag, will Odis see ecu!

morgano
25th August, 2019, 05:39 PM
I’m opened a many those Ecus, and this one first, but if no diag, will Odis see ecu!

Sorry to tell this, but if you wrote fullbackup and ecu still has no comms and car not start is not software problem but hardware, your ecu got damaged somehow in the manipulation stage. Recheck no components missing broken on pcb, no solder drop on unwanted place making false contact, etc. Use good magnifying glass.

AndrewStone
25th August, 2019, 06:06 PM
Sorry to tell this, but if you wrote fullbackup and ecu still has no comms and car not start is not software problem but hardware, your ecu got damaged somehow in the manipulation stage. Recheck no components missing broken on pcb, no solder drop on unwanted place making false contact, etc. Use good magnifying glass.
Checked all components around tricore area and opening area all looks good

voltechcar
25th August, 2019, 06:57 PM
easy job, next ecu, read immo data from dash, set new data to ecu and car start on immo on.

AndrewStone
25th August, 2019, 09:35 PM
easy job, next ecu, read immo data from dash, set new data to ecu and car start on immo on.
I have Odis online immo no problem! Till this time i don’t have any idea why ecu dead!

vitaliyl
25th August, 2019, 09:40 PM
static discharge - kills ecu :(