Devilfish
18th September, 2008, 05:56 PM
There's a good thread here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/installing-motor-photos-519/

And also a good video on youtube...

YouTube - motorised satellite installation

tee23uk
18th September, 2008, 08:28 PM
great help cant thank you enough will try gone into multimap but could not find the latitude thingme for ll36 9ew found the map

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th September, 2008, 11:36 PM
Why not press the thanks button? The picture by picture guide by skytel is very helpful. It helped me and my dad to set our system up. This is the basic way.
Find out latitude and longitude.
Insert them to your receiver. Send the motor to reference sat, often 1w.
Make your dish elevation so that it is slightly more upwards than 90degrees. Never use the dish elevation they are always wrong when a motor is introduced.
Go to the strongest transponder on your ref sat.
If your ref sat is one west like many, get a compass and find true south 180degrees away from north.
Nudge the whole motor to the right a slight bit untill you get signal.
Once you have got signal move the dish left and right untill you get the peak signal. Then slightly move the dish up and down untill you hit the peak. Then eversoslightly spin/skew the lnb until you hit peak again. Then you should be sorted.
Note: the brackets on which the motor is mounted on must be very very accurately vertical. The less accurate the more skew on the lnb will be required to make up for it.

birkenhead
20th September, 2008, 09:12 PM
can anyone help me set up my motorized dish how do i start h/h motor thank you

I can't say this strong enough, it very very important to make sure the pole is 110% true all round - up/ down & sides. If its not 100% true you will then not trace the clarke belt and will miss some of the low horizon birds from the sky. A good set up will track 43E - 42W in the UK depending on location

Recommended is a 1.2m dish

This may help with finding the setting you require
Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude (http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm)

best of luck.

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th September, 2008, 10:44 PM
This is how important it is to have the pole 100% veritical, our inclinometer shows that our pole is 100percent vertical but it is ever so slightly off as our lnb has a higher skew than normal. This shows how important every 10th of a degree is.