PDA

View Full Version : God job everyone

str8_away
18th September, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hello all:wavey:
I am new to DBox scene, in fact just got my first box setup last night and surly it will not be the last. I want to thank for all people put in so much effert to create different images.:goodpost:

already I am experencing the usual sound and freeze frame issue. I am trying out different images and and settings. :joyman:If anyone has any suggestions don't be shy.

Cheers :beerglass::barscarf:

DiddyDave
18th September, 2008, 07:37 PM
Hello all:wavey:
I am new to DBox scene, in fact just got my first box setup last night and surly it will not be the last. I want to thank for all people put in so much effert to create different images.:goodpost:

already I am experencing the usual sound and freeze frame issue. I am trying out different images and and settings. :joyman:If anyone has any suggestions don't be shy.

Cheers :beerglass::barscarf:

Did you buy the splitter or was there already one for you to use as these are one of the bug bares to good audio and visual. I have come accross many with this problem then by just putting in a good cable splitter things just change for the better in an instant.

Devilfish
18th September, 2008, 07:53 PM
Mgcamd is known to causing freezing, use evocamd if it's available.

When it's freezing, press RED then BLUE and note the SNR %.

It needs to be about 62,000 - 64,000. Below 62,000 can result in freezing channels and missing channels after a scan. Below 55,000 will result in no channels after a scan. If it's low, you need to remove a splitter and try it on the main feed. If it's improved then you have a weak signal or a weak tuner. Sometimes simply reconnecting the coax can fix it but if it's still the same them you will need to get a signal booster. Argos used to do one for ?8.99, not sure if they still do. There are others available on ebay and various online dvb shops for under ?30.