PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Technomate TM 6800 HD USB PVR

tekkie
18th September, 2008, 07:53 PM
Just ordered this machine having used the old TM 5000DA for many years together with an AD3000IP. And I must say that the TM was far superior than the AD picture-wise - and speed-wise for that matter. Changing channels on the TM was lightning fast, almost instantaneous compared to the plodding 2-3 seconds on the AD.

So, I was wondering what ppl think about the latest TM. Am I going to be satisfied with the performance and features, and will I still get the same speed and picture quality out of one of these new beasties?

Are there any pitfalls to be had with the latest TM's, and is there anything that anyone's found out about them that they never bargained for. I'm really looking forward to playing around with this baby.

I'm also getting the diablo 2.3 cam and channel 4/5 card with this setup, so that's going to be fun since I don't know the first thing about how cams work. I'm hoping i'll be able to get quickly up to speed at programming them so as to get access to a lot of the channels I've not been able to get up to this point.

If anyone has any pointers, advice etc. on any of the above, then please feel free to comment, since I'll probably need as much help as I can get :)

Dave

Devilfish
18th September, 2008, 07:55 PM
I'm sure thommo has this model or the 6900 and I don't remember him saying anything bad about it. Hopefully he'll see this post and offer his opinions. :)

.: JaCkPoT :.
19th September, 2008, 08:46 PM
My uncle has this receiver. He says the only problem is that the usb ports dont allow the front to be closed when in use. Otherwise its fine.

tekkie
20th September, 2008, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Does anyone know where I can get an up-to-date channel list for my old TM-5000DA?

Dave

philz03
22nd September, 2008, 12:41 PM
I have been using the TM 6800 HD for a copple of days, and I'm very satisfied. The PVR functions works great, also with the HD channels. The TS output files makes it easy to covert to other file types.

zerokool
6th March, 2009, 11:56 PM
Hi
Just bought technomate 6800, does anyone know how to burn recorded file to dvd, tried nero and other software but having no luck

cheers

benny/9
7th March, 2009, 12:07 PM
Hi
Just bought technomate 6800, does anyone know how to burn recorded file to dvd, tried nero and other software but having no luck

cheers
if you install a codec pack such as the k-lite codec pack
[do a google search],it gives you media player clasic
and it plays the technomate video files.
If you want to convert them then do a search for quick
media converter.it's dead easy to use and free!
others use TSmuxer for viewing the .trp files from there tm 6900
and convert them to bluray disks.