PDA

View Full Version : Can I unlock Simos pcr 2.1 via obd with Kess V2 V5.017 ?

Murat01
30th August, 2019, 02:18 PM
Hello I'm an absolute beginner, :smile:
can I unlock Simos pcr 2.1 via obd with Kess V2 V5.017 clone, software version: V2.47 ?
the engine is a 1.6 tdi.
thanks in advance.

Inquizit0r
30th August, 2019, 02:24 PM
____NO____

Murat01
30th August, 2019, 03:02 PM
What is the easiest and cheapest way for beginners to do that? Which device should I buy for it and do I need additional accessories? I've looked at a lot of videos on youtube, everyone does it differently and they use different devices that I do not know.

Happy786786
30th August, 2019, 04:01 PM
Just buy Original Kess V2
It will do all obd no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobolin4o
30th August, 2019, 04:53 PM
What is the easiest and cheapest way for beginners to do that? Which device should I buy for it and do I need additional accessories? I've looked at a lot of videos on youtube, everyone does it differently and they use different devices that I do not know.

In nowadays every genuine tool can unlock and flash the PCR2.1 ECU through OBD. There is not a cheapest way to do that. Cheapest way is to take a 50-60 euro FG4 or KESS and write the file, but first you must to open the ECU and unlock the eeprom...

BTW, based on mine many years experience i can tell you, that if you plan to do such job in the future is better to use genuine equipment, no matter, that you are just a beginner. If you use cloned devices, you will always stay at low level... and (which is worst)... you will "lose the train".

Murat01
30th August, 2019, 07:13 PM
Is it enough to just buy the FG4 ? or do you need to buy additional devices or tools to unlock the Eeprom.
Do you happen to know a very detailed guide that is best suited for beginners ?

the device is intended only for me for hobby use. That's why I don't want an original device, because it would be too expensive for me.

zafiraA
30th August, 2019, 08:04 PM
It dont do mercedes delphi dcm through obd