PDA

View Full Version : KTAG Checksum Error When Saving Backup

venceslau
31st August, 2019, 12:35 AM
Can someone please tell me if there is anything wrong with this ktag clone backup dump?

I keep getting checksum error and not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance

daniel guerra
31st August, 2019, 01:25 AM
Picture is very small, can you upload a picture with higher resolution?

Which KTAG version are you using?

venceslau
31st August, 2019, 02:34 AM
Picture is very small, can you upload a picture with higher resolution?

Which KTAG version are you using?

Hi, I'm using KTAG Clone. Sticker on it says (HW 7.020) and (SW 2.23).
The Ksuite I'm using for KTAG is 2.25 however (not sure if that makes a difference).

I uploaded the picture as a zip because forum keeps resizing image for some reason.
The message says: "Checksum error, send the software vendor the backup file"
Error only pops up after I type in filename and click save.

UPDATE: I found a download of Ksuite 2.23 online and installed and read again and getting the same message.
Also compared dump to the one I obtained from 2.25 and they match.

Thanks

vitaliyl
31st August, 2019, 06:48 AM
install MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 2005 the problem will be solved ;)

venceslau
31st August, 2019, 03:06 PM
install MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 2005 the problem will be solved ;)

Thanks for your suggestion, I do have MS Visual C++ 2005 installed but the problem persists.
I will try with a different computer.

venceslau
31st August, 2019, 04:22 PM
install MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 2005 the problem will be solved ;)I tried on different computer and made sure MS Visual C++ 2005 but getting the same error.

Let me clarify that the procedure reaches 100%, then asks me for filename to save to, after I click save I get this error. I've read many threads with similar problem but it happens at 99% so I wonder if the dump is OK maybe?

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

vitaliyl
31st August, 2019, 05:45 PM
try 1. install original k-suite software 2. del folder ksuite ori (c:\\KSuite) 3. put folder (KSuite clone) instead ori ksuite

venceslau
31st August, 2019, 06:17 PM
try 1. install original k-suite software 2. del folder ksuite ori (c:\\KSuite) 3. put folder (KSuite clone) instead ori ksuite

Thanks again, that is how I installed it. I gave up on Ktag, trying to clone using KessV2 instead, hopefully it works. Otherwise I don't know what else to do.

venceslau
31st August, 2019, 06:39 PM
try 1. install original k-suite software 2. del folder ksuite ori (c:\\KSuite) 3. put folder (KSuite clone) instead ori ksuiteI think I understand what is going on. I found a blog post saying Continental Mss60 are not cloneable and must be matched instead so I think I will go that route instead. Thanks for your help!

daniel guerra
31st August, 2019, 08:53 PM
I think I understand what is going on. I found a blog post saying Continental Mss60 are not cloneable and must be matched instead so I think I will go that route instead. Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure about not being able to clone the tool, at least you should be able to read the file, and you're not able to. Try to use Ksuite 2.23 instead of 2.25.

It happen to me with an EDC16 and I've managed to read with galletto v54.

ervinhodo
17th January, 2021, 12:07 AM
I had same issue with edc16 checksum error after saving backup turned out to be corrupted flash !(hope this helps someone if find since its old thread)

Lambda1
17th January, 2021, 10:49 AM
Only earlier MSS60 can be cloned! Later models one processor side is bloecked.

GIODIAGNOS
19th April, 2021, 01:44 PM
Hi, and what is the way out of this? I tried to update my MSS60 using VINFKFP and the process did not complete until the end, now DME does not get in comunication ! Where can I get a full dump for DME recovery? if I have a full dump, can I restore it with K-TAG?

ombre57
20th April, 2021, 02:20 PM
Hi, and what is the way out of this? I tried to update my MSS60 using VINFKFP and the process did not complete until the end, now DME does not get in comunication ! Where can I get a full dump for DME recovery? if I have a full dump, can I restore it with K-TAG?

Does the dme respond at all in tool32 or inpa or WinKFP? If so try reflashing with WinKFP. I’d just use the update function - it’ll figure out the VIN and such from there on its own.

GIODIAGNOS
20th April, 2021, 02:51 PM
The fact of the matter is that DME does not react and it does not connect! Brick!

ombre57
20th April, 2021, 02:58 PM
I made the same car to cut the lambda probe with the full bin recover with kess v2 and mssflasher with the bimmergeek cable impossible to put the um oo error file with kess v2 do you have the bimmergeek cable have you try with

ombre57
20th April, 2021, 03:02 PM
I have a copy of the full bin but the update is 130E on it and I did not succeed in making the ras bypass flash with the mssflasher tool stock error