PDA

View Full Version : Tool advice

miguelang611
31st August, 2019, 03:25 PM
Hey there!
I just got my DPF and EGR off on a 2011 BMW X6 40d. Removing the EGR made DTC and check engine appear, as expected
The car immediately felt lighter (specially like more nervous when u touch the pedal), similar on real performance.
No limitation though, still getting 200 kmh easily
Later on I went to a chiptuner and they made a supposely Stage 2, specially focusing on torque on low end rpm (1500-2500 rpm), for better gas mileage
The Dyno was broken for 4x4, then I am gonna take it in about 1 month.
However I think they have scammed me a bit. They originally said I would get +80 Hp and +200 Nm, and they said that finally it was about +50 Hp (IDK about torque).
The engine was not smoking anything, even when u just shut on the engine in the morning. Now it does smoke very little (0.30 opacity), but it does somke
The car does feel lighter, but we think there is no gas mileage gain (tested on normal road, 120/140 km/h, not urban)
I am thinking on to buy a Kess clone or MPPS and read out what they put on and maybe ask here for another tune...
Which cable do u recommend? This car has EDC17CP45. However, I am also thinking on tuning a SsangYong Actyon 2010 2.0 xdi which has a Delphi DCM3.7
Thank u!

joni1986
31st August, 2019, 08:42 PM
kess2 I think can handle

miguelang611
1st September, 2019, 10:52 AM
kess2 I think can handle

Thank u for answer!
Any recommendation on which to buy? I saw on AliExpress there are several versions available.
As with diagnosis tools I guess there are some boards which are much better than others.
See u!

Milicija
1st September, 2019, 04:57 PM
Clone Kess won't do it.. You need atleast Ktag to read/write this ECU, but this ECU is tricky to open (if its never been opened before, because the pads are in opposite side. Some tools do it without dismantling the ECU)... You can watch some videos of opening EDC17CP45 :) You can use Ktag to read/write SsangYong DCM 3.7 also...

systemlinux
1st September, 2019, 07:39 PM
It is true what your partner indicates, that kind of ecu is very difficult to open.

once I was fighting almost an entire day with an ecu and I really gave up, which I need to see the pat on the other side of the PCB and force it with heat could seriously damage it.

Original KESS Master can get the original flash by OBDII

kubuswujo
2nd September, 2019, 09:24 AM
this ecu is realy better to do with genuine tool to do it via pinout and make full backoup or to do via OBD.

Better if you go to other company to have it read for you.

If this is first time you open ecu it is very likely that you will damage it.

miguelang611
2nd September, 2019, 12:20 PM
Thank u all for answers
I took the car and they did it all by OBD, using E-Net they told, I saw it was Kess v2 tool, but that must be original I guess
I saw this on AliExpress though, looks the same as reworked Kess:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/K1PdXAEc
Board has different cuts on sides, what do u think about this one?
Thanks!