PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with a Smart fortwo ECE navigation system 7 640 061 110 001

Julesd
4th September, 2019, 10:45 AM
It came in with the usual touch screen fault where half the digitizer had failed, but prior to sending it in for repair, I suspect the customer went through the touch calibration settings on the main menu and now the perceived screen size is not as it should be. The buttons are not responding as they should. For instance pressing number zero on the keypad operates the button number 8 above it – the trouble is that the code can no longer be entered as the area for the OK button is now way below the edge of the screen and without this the calibration settings can no longer be accessed, nor code entered. I have tried a known working screen on the unit and the problems remain, so the settings are obviously in the main body of the stereo. I think this is a common fault as I now have another here with exactly the same symptoms and cannot enter the code due to the OK button now being located below the visable screen area.

Question:
Is there any hard reset procedure, or component intervention on the board to enable this to be reset ?
Or are there any other ways I can enter the code? Remote control? Steering controls etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Jules.