PDA

View Full Version : Pinout Dashoard Etios for UPA

guillermoc
5th September, 2019, 03:56 AM
Dear, good night, it turns out that I have done three works on Etios board with the connection that LuisBlas shared a while ago "https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/436395-toyota- etios? highlight = etios ", with absolute success, eliminating the task of desoldering the pins, but this Etios has arrived today (see photo) and does not allow me to read from the welding points, informing UPA of a problem on pin 7. It will be that not all plates are the same? probe with 5 volts and 3 volts where it indicates in this last incorrect voltage. Attached photograph of it.I have the unarmed board testing. I appreciate your help in advance.

jomberykaso
5th September, 2019, 05:41 AM
Remove needles and eeprom. Simple. ...

guillermoc
5th September, 2019, 12:15 PM
Hello, yes, that is an option but you have to intervene the soldered pins, I would prefer not to touch them, not for comfort but not to heat the nearby components so much, that even if you are careful they can be heated, having those points of contact and being able to be used I would like to be able to continue using them, I am surprised that in this plate they do not work as in the previous ones.

frankrayk
5th September, 2019, 12:28 PM
Remove needles and eeprom. Simple. ...

This is not that simple, it has the fuse box soldered next to the instrument panel.
For this car I can't read with the UPA either, I use the old Tachopro.
Connecting eeprom pins 1,2,3,4. 5 and 7 together and 6 and 8 together, then edit the file on Tachopro's keyboard and write back to eeprom.

guillermoc
5th September, 2019, 12:47 PM
Hello, exactly, it is a problem to heat that part of the plate and as I read several posts about welding points and they worked beforehand, I consulted about possible variations in the boards, I only have an original UPA to program, I hope to solve this problem in The next few hours, thank you very much for your contribution.

frankrayk
5th September, 2019, 01:03 PM
Hello, exactly, it is a problem to heat that part of the plate and as I read several posts about welding points and they worked beforehand, I consulted about possible variations in the boards, I only have an original UPA to program, I hope to solve this problem in The next few hours, thank you very much for your contribution.

I have a photo from another site saying that for UPA just feed the panel, but never did the test.

guillermoc
5th September, 2019, 01:28 PM
This is the option that I have used with good results three times but now it does not work, effectively with those soldered pins and giving 12 volts to board reads and records but in this not.

guillermoc
5th September, 2019, 03:28 PM
Dear frankrayk, the image you placed was of great help since you identified the pins corresponding to the Eeprom memory (in white color) independently of the UPA pins (in black color), using an adapter connect a clip to the memory programmer and I read-record without problems, obviously without energizing the board. Thank you very much, good week.