PDA

View Full Version : Ipbox 9000Hd as mediastreamer

corydoras
28th December, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hi

New to the forum and still havent bought my ipbox 9000Hd yet, but wondered if someone uses it like a mediastreamer on their tv. Like streaming files and photos and so on from a pc on the LAN network.

are there any plugins og special images that has this feature?

If so I will not have to buy a mediastreamer also

Best reg
Cory

aftermath
28th December, 2009, 08:29 PM
the ipbox is a media centre as well as a decoder, all you do is FTP files into any of the folders video/music and play back on your tv

corydoras
28th December, 2009, 09:15 PM
the ipbox is a media centre as well as a decoder, all you do is FTP files into any of the folders video/music and play back on your tv

Sweet, but is there any stable images out there with any form of mediacenter interface incl?

You know, this gotta have some kinda WAF (wife acceptance factor9 you know.

Anyway, it might be an individual question, but whar is the most used and stable img out there now?

I am not familiar with linux based tuners, but have relative above avrage computer skills, and most of all a lot of patience

Best reg
C

aftermath
29th December, 2009, 01:11 PM
I prefer NLB images, they are base on Original DGS images, adding a Plugin panel and EMU`s pre installed.
Still many people are reporting various bugs e.t.c, but some things work for them and not for others.

E2 images i prefer on USB stick because you have more memory to play with, they are not as stable as DGS based images, but are much nicer to look at the themes/skins, and they are much faster in the Menu`s.

I would go for PKT images on E2, but others are very much the same, only a few differences between the other images , but are all based on Tideglo`s versions of E2.

corydoras
12th January, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hi

Preordered my new IpBox 9900 HD with enigma2 HD installed from the factory.

Anyone have a clue from what team this could be? (guess it would be hard to know, as the box is beeing released this week I think)

As I said in an earlie post, i am new to linux tuners, and have a few more questions:

Does the newest E2 image support recording from 2 S2 channels?

How about plugins/addons, When using the media player in E2, is it possible to get covers and info via the imdb plugin, an soes it work ok?

I saw a video on youtube showing that it played *vob, divx,xvid,mts,mkv files and so on, but is it possible to rip dvd?s and have all the menus via the mediaplayer, or does it have to be ripped to a single vob file.

Any links to screenshots or info on teh latest image would be appriciated, as it looks like a jungle with all the releases and teams out there when i google:):)

Hope somone take the time to answer:)

Best reg
C

aftermath
12th January, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hi

Preordered my new IpBox 9900 HD with enigma2 HD installed from the factory.

Anyone have a clue from what team this could be? (guess it would be hard to know, as the box is beeing released this week I think)

As I said in an earlie post, i am new to linux tuners, and have a few more questions:

Does the newest E2 image support recording from 2 S2 channels?

How about plugins/addons, When using the media player in E2, is it possible to get covers and info via the imdb plugin, an soes it work ok?

I saw a video on youtube showing that it played *vob, divx,xvid,mts,mkv files and so on, but is it possible to rip dvd?s and have all the menus via the mediaplayer, or does it have to be ripped to a single vob file.

Any links to screenshots or info on teh latest image would be appriciated, as it looks like a jungle with all the releases and teams out there when i google:):)

Hope somone take the time to answer:)

Best reg
C
Ive just had a look on the ABcom home page and checked the speck, the E2 image looks the same as the E2 images we are using on other sh4 boxes.

there are a few E2 images on their home page for you to look at .

AB-COM - Satellite components and accessories - Products (http://www.abipbox.com/Default.aspx?CatID=7&productId=1164)

corydoras
12th January, 2010, 09:37 PM
Ive just had a look on the ABcom home page and checked the speck, the E2 image looks the same as the E2 images we are using on other sh4 boxes.

there are a few E2 images on their home page for you to look at .

AB-COM - Satellite components and accessories - Products (http://www.abipbox.com/Default.aspx?CatID=7&productId=1164)

Thanx Aft

I dont know is this is something not supposed to be discussed in this forum, but could you explain the usage of satangels keyupdater plugin?

How about the ripping format of the dvds to play in E1?s mediaplayer? If i find out how to rip it, I could start ripping ad have my media library ready when i get my box

Cory

aftermath
13th January, 2010, 08:41 AM
Thanx Aft

I dont know is this is something not supposed to be discussed in this forum, but could you explain the usage of satangels keyupdater plugin?

How about the ripping format of the dvds to play in E1?s mediaplayer? If i find out how to rip it, I could start ripping ad have my media library ready when i get my box

Cory

the sat keys are a different matter to cable keys.

its ok to discuss sat keys , as there are not many channels that can be opened with these softkeys,most channel providers use a more complicated encrytion, normally you can download the satangel keys from your box via the server on the image.

i have never tried the dvd ripping tool, so i will watch here and see how it goes.