PDA

View Full Version : Mondeo ECU Repair Info

turner
28th December, 2009, 08:48 PM
Got a customers 2002 1.8 in at the moment with a lack of ecu output to one one side of the coil so it is only running on two cylinders.

Normally I send these off for repair but with everyone shut until next week I wonder if anyone has details of what goes wrong on these ecu's and what needs changing?

I am trying to help out a customer that cant get to work without a car due to the location of the business - out in the sticks!

Anyone help please?

Eric

smirnoff_rules
28th December, 2009, 08:51 PM
l take it u have tried a coil first . lm sure u have

Meat-Head
28th December, 2009, 08:58 PM
make sure it's a GENUINE ford coil as they don't like aftermarkets, besides if you send ecu away/replace for warranty you have to fit new coil anyway.

There was a bulitin, just amke sure the HT leads are away from the temp sender in the head

turner
28th December, 2009, 10:02 PM
Coil is no good, thats probably what spiked the ecu.

Just wondering if it is just the IGBT's that go or is it something else or go deeper on these?

Alternatively does anyone have a circuit diagram for the ecu?

Eric

Meat-Head
28th December, 2009, 10:17 PM
seem to think, but don't ask who or when somebody said on here that it takes out the 'pre amp' as well as the o/p stage, dude.

turner
28th December, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cheers meat-head, hopefully someone that has details will reply to the post.

Eric

smirnoff_rules
28th December, 2009, 10:28 PM
if @sixpack comes on later he will know , he repairs ecu's

turner
28th December, 2009, 10:35 PM
Thats handy to know.

Eric

Meat-Head
28th December, 2009, 10:40 PM
if @sixpack comes on later he will know , he repairs ecu's

crosses fingers hope he has file for the 'my turn' thread.

User turner, try a search for focus and ecu and look for a date within the last month think that was the relevant thread.

i'm just busy hacking and modify dil holders to bodge in soic eeproms other wise would have a look for you.

turner
30th December, 2009, 01:15 AM
I still need help with this guys.

Eric

racin-snake
30th December, 2009, 01:22 AM
get a chip from a key ecm plus reader from a scrap mondeo the same
its the easiest fix considering but with the chip rader and ecm all will plug and play

Meat-Head
30th December, 2009, 11:51 PM
get a chip from a key ecm plus reader from a scrap mondeo the same
its the easiest fix considering but with the chip rader and ecm all will plug and play

i second that

turner
31st December, 2009, 12:34 AM
I did try looking for an ecu before posting, but I cant find anyone with the same ecu.

Rang everyone I know today and still no good, seems this is one of the less common ecu's that is fitted to this car.

Looks like it will have to wait until Monday now for a repair.

Does anyone know a source of Ford ecu diagrams?

Eric