PDA

View Full Version : RX8 instrument Cluster

cjawahir
28th December, 2009, 11:01 PM
hi all , can you tell me if this chip LR56 chip is the same as 93c56 ?

here is a pic

Meat-Head
28th December, 2009, 11:07 PM
not as such, but if you can power the cluster can you measure the voltages and n/c at the same time. compared to datasheet for 93c56

Nice image btw.

cjawahir
28th December, 2009, 11:18 PM
hi thank for the quick reply , its a mazda rx8 cluster , the car was covered with water so all module was damage , so i was thinking if i change all the eprom from all the module, the same key will start the vehicle .

oh and the pic is simple to take with any camera just put a magnifying glass between the camera and IC focus and you get a great super macro picture , so every one here can take better picture , you can also do it with a phone camera .

cj

lupu_sandu
29th December, 2009, 08:00 AM
This is the one. On LR56 is stored KM, but i don't know about keys. Is stored in same eeprom?

PremierD
29th December, 2009, 09:50 AM
hi all , can you tell me if this chip LR56 chip is the same as 93c56 ?

here is a pic

Badged differently but Just treat it like a 93c56 mate... And like my friend .not sure the Immo data is in it ... I will find out and post ...

cjawahir
29th December, 2009, 01:14 PM
thanks guys , I taught it was the eprom but i wonder if it store the immo data also ,

cj

cjawahir
29th December, 2009, 10:18 PM
here is some pic of the cluster water damage ,
the first pic is where the ic LR56 came from .

the other pic is just to show the damage and also the different ic

cj

Meat-Head
29th December, 2009, 10:27 PM
have seen worse damage, as it is going in the bin you have nothing to loose. seriously put it in a bead blaster (glass beads not metal) and just waft it around, then try it, just for reference

VW polo 'same shit differant day' fill with water on the vac pump for locking, nothing will make it work, untill you sandblast theat corner!

Ford gaxily (early) control unit SWIMMING in 3" of water board looks like
it's come out of river, blow off with airline, waft sandblaster, take money of customer and run.

If you have acces to distilled water and a toothbrush and a vacum chamber have a go, it's ~~~~ed now, try it, you might like it, dude.

cjawahir
29th December, 2009, 10:33 PM
hi thanks for the reply , do you think that this might work , will give it a go , the owner is also willing to buy a new one .

i have seen some ford focus with the cluster having the immo code , so i was wondering if this is the same ?

cj

Meat-Head
29th December, 2009, 10:54 PM
oh, didn't know about the focus though!

Well if the customer went to the dealer they would just replace it and charge lots of ??? ( or $$$), you have nothing to loose the worse that can happen is you miss this weeks dustcart. ( ALWAYS save ANY parts of ANY job untill it is complete)

try it, but just waft the sand blaster like you are spray painting tissue paper.

MOBILTRONIC
30th December, 2009, 05:17 PM
This LR56 have" writte protection"100%.Read chip is OK but writte not.Use new one 93C56 or C66 (16 bit org)and thats all.You try.

PremierD
30th December, 2009, 06:54 PM
This LR56 have" writte protection"100%.Read chip is OK but writte not.Use new one 93C56 or C66 (16 bit org)and thats all.You try.

Have programmed loads of them mate ... Read And Write ......LR/RA/RL 56's .... What you on about....?

MOBILTRONIC
30th December, 2009, 10:23 PM
I mean, several times I had the opportunity to work with these eeprom and each time could not write, but only the new c56 and c66 EEPROM with 16 bit org.If lost content due to moisture and corrosion is another thing.I agree with Lupu-Sandu to also know eating immo info in eeprom because I did not have time rummage about, but only transfer the experience of LR56.Cheers!

PremierD
30th December, 2009, 10:32 PM
I mean, several times I had the opportunity to work with these eeprom and each time could not write, but only the new c56 and c66 EEPROM with 16 bit org.If lost content due to moisture and corrosion is another thing.I agree with Lupu-Sandu to also know eating im*o info in eeprom because I did not have time rummage about, but only transfer the experience of LR56.Cheers!

sorry mate you lost me a bit .... You have had bad experiences with lr56 eeproms.....?... Did you remove them for reading and writing ...?

zilog357
31st December, 2009, 01:16 AM
No protection. You can either write or read. I've been able to write on LR56 on Honda ecus.

I don't know of an EEPROM with such protection. Anyway, protected devices are only read protected, not write protected. Also, the reading and writing in a programmer will use the same protocol as in the ecu, so if it would be write protected, it wouldn't work for the ecu either.

fokker2003
10th January, 2010, 04:43 PM
LR 56 and 93C56 are the same. I read and write all without remove, only up voltage for read above 4V. If you can read it with 3.6V you can write later without problems.

weltune
11th January, 2010, 11:48 AM
there is no immo in the instrument cluster for the mazda 8, immo for the mazda 8 have a seperate immo box behind the glove compartment, changing of instrument cluster does not affect the immo,

cjawahir
11th January, 2010, 11:52 AM
there is no im*o in the instrument cluster for the mazda 8, im*o for the mazda 8 have a seperate im*o box behind the glove compartment, changing of instrument cluster does not affect the im*o,

thanks for this , this rx8 carry the prox key , can you if its the box that control the central locking ?

do you have a picture of it ?

cj

weltune
11th January, 2010, 12:16 PM
here is the photo 9313

weltune
11th January, 2010, 12:21 PM
this is how it look like
inside9315

cjawahir
11th January, 2010, 12:51 PM
thanks so much , my unit is almost the same, the number is FEZ9-67-5DZB

I will post some pic later ,

cj

cjawahir
11th January, 2010, 01:59 PM
This rx8 is different ,

cjawahir
11th January, 2010, 02:20 PM
look at this other two module >>.

cj

weltune
11th January, 2010, 03:00 PM
some RX 8 from japan (JDM) standard does not have immo that is why it looks different, check your instrument cluster whether there is a red key that goes off when you insert the correct key, it will blink when wrong key is inserted n the starter will not crank when the red key blink

cjawahir
11th January, 2010, 03:15 PM
some RX 8 from japan (JDM) standard does not have im*o that is why it looks different, check your instrument cluster whether there is a red key that goes off when you insert the correct key, it will blink when wrong key is inserted n the starter will not crank when the red key blink

this one have immo i have the key its a 4d key , yes its JDM .

i change all the module except the instrument cluster , the cluster is not working , try to program with ad100 pro incode and out code everything say ok program two keys and still nothing , all modules are new .

cj

weltune
11th January, 2010, 04:10 PM
is the red key at the instrument blinking, if not the immo should be ok, check the starter cranking speed & the spark plugs, starter must be fast enough & the spark plugs is always wet when the car did not start for weeks, crank the engine with the fuel pump relay out to clear fuel in the cylinder & the spark plugs, remember the starter must crank fast enough

teuton
11th January, 2010, 04:23 PM
Just a sidenote: If you start with full throttle the fuel supply is cut off as the ECU detecs an unregular situation for starting conditions. This way you don't have to take fuel pump relay.

cjawahir
11th January, 2010, 04:32 PM
the instrument is not working so i cant see immo light , if i scan immo i dont see a fault , even if i use a key without a transponder .

cj

weltune
11th January, 2010, 04:38 PM
if you can crank the engine the immo should be ok, mazda immo when activated, the starter normally cannot crank, so check the plugs

cjawahir
11th January, 2010, 05:05 PM
vehicle not cranking from the switch , and if i run a wire to starter it still no spark and pulse to injector .

cj

Meat-Head
11th January, 2010, 08:13 PM
Just a sidenote: If you start with full throttle the fuel supply is cut off as the ECU detecs an unregular situation for starting conditions. This way you don't have to take fuel pump relay.

HRRM, nice feature that is, for granda and sierra have it, vauxhall call it "anti-flood", doesn't always work, sometimes cars start and rev to full throttle, have tried it, good fun doing it.

RX8 roteray engine with the little tips, make sure you leave it running untill hot when you get it running if it's got wet plugs, word on street is you can destroy the tips with carbon build up, apparantly.

weltune
12th January, 2010, 12:46 AM
than the immo is activated, you need to repair the immo first do you have ids? check the immo status, any fault in it?

cjawahir
12th January, 2010, 12:51 AM
than the im*o is activated, you need to repair the im*o first do you have ids? check the im*o status, any fault in it?

dont have ids , oh i must get one , but i have the ad100 pro from advance diagnostic .

i will get a new cluster and try to program again .

cj

weltune
12th January, 2010, 11:38 AM
never use the ad pro before, cannot advise you with it, i think there is a video manaul on the AD site, but you can try changing the eeprom from the old immo box & ecu . put eeprom back to the new immo box & ecu, that should work it should be a 24C02 on immo box & a 93c56 on the ecu

cjawahir
12th January, 2010, 12:18 PM
never use the ad pro before, cannot advise you with it, i think there is a video manaul on the AD site, but you can try changing the eeprom from the old im*o box & ecu . put eeprom back to the new im*o box & ecu, that should work it should be a 24C02 on im*o box & a 93c56 on the ecu

ok thanks for the reply , i was thinking about swaping the chip from one to the other , but cant understand why this ad100pro not doing it job , will let you know .

cj

cjawahir
13th January, 2010, 09:48 PM
I am going to reprogram with the ad100 pro , with out the cluster this time, and see what happens , I think maybe the cluster is making problem with the CANBUS signal .

hope for the best
cj

DSMKilla
17th April, 2010, 08:05 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am actually trying to reprogram the same chip from the same vehicle and I am having a problem WRITING back to the chip. I was able to read no problem but WRITING gives me a verification error and doesn't write to the chip. I'm wondering if I need to remove the chip from the board?

cjawahir
18th April, 2010, 12:05 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am actually trying to reprogram the same chip from the same vehicle and I am having a problem WRITING back to the chip. I was able to read no problem but WRITING gives me a verification error and doesn't write to the chip. I'm wondering if I need to remove the chip from the board?

remove the chip from the pcb.

cj

DSMKilla
19th April, 2010, 01:18 AM
Just for future reference I was actually able to READ/WRITE with the chip ON and OFF the board. Thanks!

cjawahir
14th June, 2010, 12:49 PM
This one is now working .

cluster need to be working to program key , use the ids .

cj